Chapter 56

Chapter 56

I waited for Taylor to walk towards the bed, and make herself comfortable. She had so much explaining to do, for starters, why the hell was she stumbling home at 4 in the freaking morning?

"Explain, now." I mumbled as I flung the pillow across her bed. She caught it and tossed it over her shoulder, smirking at me.

"Josh and I had a great idea!" She told me, a smile engulfing her tired face.

I nodded my head and urged her to go on as she dragged on the silence to be dramatic.

"It's like a relationship without the commitment! We can still see other people without it being considered "cheating" as we aren't dating in the first place!" Taylor gushed, as my jaw hung open wider and wider with every word that tumbled out of her lips.

Once she had finished talking, it literally took every ounce in my being to not slam her, so instead I face palmed myself.

"You have got to be kidding me." I groaned, tugging at the end of my hair to show my emotions towards her decision.

Taylor gave me a confused look, shrugging her shoulders, "What's wrong?"

I flung my arms in the air, baffled that Taylor didn't see what was wrong with what she was doing.

"Taylor! You can't do this! Being friends with benefits ruins a friendship; you cannot be serious about this! You can't just throw it all away, friends with benefits, never works out!" I cried out, trying to show her the mistake she was making.

 "It's no strings attached sort of thing!" She argued back.

I shook my head, the bun at the top of my head falling out because of the rate I was shaking my head. It was unbelievable how stupid Taylor was sounding and to be honest, I was expecting a relationship. By the way Taylor and Josh had been acting, I jumped the gun and though that they had finally spilled their guts to each other and declared love.

I was wrong.

"Taylor, even in the movies it doesn't work!" I argue back trying to prove my point. Taylor sighs, her eyes fluttering closed and I noticed how tired she looked. Dark rings looked out of place contrasting against her milky skin, and it was when she let out a small huff that my attention was bought back to the conversation.

"I know, Valerie. I just thought that maybe if I were to say it out loud that maybe this 'friends with benefits' thing would work, and maybe I would believe it as well. You think that I don't know that this is going to end worse than a ship wreck!?" Taylor whined, as she curled up in a ball, laying her head lazily on my lap. I also let out a tired sigh, it was late, and after Niall left I couldn't sleep. Right around the time I felt sleep enter my system, Taylor starting pounding at the door, demanding to be let in.

"Would you mind telling me the whole story now?" I asked after a couple of moments had passed in complete silence. It had been a while since Taylor and I settled down and had a long heart to heart, and I quite enjoyed these conversations.

Taylor her body so she was positioned into a small ball, her fingers timidly playing with the duvet.

"Well, I went to Josh's house after the night out we had, and I meant to talk to him but instead I sort of crashed on his couch?" Taylor said, her voice rising in embarrassment. I snorted, trying to keep my snarky comment to myself.

"You are such a light weight." I mumbled, failing to keep my thoughts myself.

Taylor grunted, "Fine, I won't tell you the rest of the story!"

I grinned, even though I knew it would lessen my chances to actually get the story out of her.

"Wipe that smug grin off of your face." Taylor warned, her face not even facing me. I stifled a laugh and it wasn't before long that Taylor continued with our conversation.