Chapter 19

The house is silent as I walk inside slowly. 

"Emily? Is that you?" I hear Mom's voice from the living room. I walk towards it to see Dad and Mom sitting on the couch with Oli and Eliza. Alec was sitting on another couch with Liam, Nat and Cam sat next to him. Hunter was sitting on another couch by himself. 

He smiles at me as I walk into the room. 

You think I can do this? I mindlink Miles. 

I think you underestimate yourself. Give them a piece of your mind, Em. Let them watch you become stronger and confident. He answers me back immediately. I smile. 

Em. The name he had given me when we had recently became friends. He said he wanted to have his own name for me so we were young and I was Em and he was Mi. Em and Mi forever and ever. 

"What's wrong?" Alec asks me. 

"There is something I need to tell you guys." I say to them as I walk into the room and face all of them. I let out a deep breath. 

"I am going to be living in the castle." I start off saying as I turn to my parents. "I am the child of Rosaline and Albert, the King and Queen of the supernatural world. Which makes me the princess or a queen." I shrug my shoulders as Dad grins.

"I want to be happy, daddy," I whisper to him softly.  

Ever fear I would tell him when I was young. When I would have my nightmares, he would hold me tightly, telling me nothing could ever harm me because he was with me always. When the wolves in our pack did not accept me because I was the only vampire in school, he would spend extra time with me after school, teaching Oli and I everything we needed to know about the difficulties the world would throw at us. At me for being a vampire in a wolf pack. He had changed it for me and vowed to always make me happy. 

"You deserve it." He smiles at me. Both of them do. 

I turn to Hunter who smiles at me. "You are kind and I think in another world, it would have been lovely to be your mate, but I am not ready for that yet. I think i need to take everything one step at a time. I am sorry-" 

"Do not apologise to me. I understand." He says, winking at me. "In another world, I would fight for you, but I am engaged to a beautiful woman right now." He explains to me and I smile. 

"I think it would be lovely to meet her one day." I say to him and he smiles,nodding his head. 

"Would you like me to say it?" He asks and I nod my head, having no idea what the official words were. 

"I Hunter Evans, reject you Emily Rose Perry Gray as my mate." He says the words. 

I feel a slight sting in my heart but that was it. Nothing else. 

"You just have to accept," he tells me and I nod my head. 

"I, Emily Rose Perry Gray accept your rejection, Hunter Evans." I say the words as he closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath. 

"I feel it breaking." he mumbles. 

"You alright?" Oli asks him as Hunter opens his eyes and nods his head. 

"Can I come over tomorrow? I have to go home right now." He stands up slowly. 

Dad nods and Hunter smiles at me. 

"Another world, your majesty." He bows down to me before he flashes himself out of the house. 

One down. Another to go. 

Luisa's voice dances around in the room as if she was floating from corner to another. 

"Are you not planning to stay here?" Nat asks me as I turn to them.