Chapter Six

Hey guys! I know, I know, boring chapter! Next chapter is really bad...as in violence and pain bad, not (hopefully) as in bad story line, bad chapter, bad grammer and vocab bad. Lol. Anyway, this is just a filler, kind of. You guys will probably meet the other pack in Chapter Eight. If I get a few more ideas, then it'll be on Chapter Nine. Either of those.

So, I hope you guys like it! Bitter Kisses was on the What's Hot list, but it got removed...It's okay, though! It's still a pretty good number in Romance and Werewolf...:P Good enough for me at least.

But anyway, vote, comment and fan! I really appreciate it and you are all awesome!

-Tavita

***

Chapter Six              

***

The anger and despair I felt had fueled my energy to run all the way to the border of our territory. I exited the Midnight Pack territory by twenty-five minutes, my stomach clenching in pain, my heart racing and my calves burning. I was currently walking on the side of the road, vast expanses of trees surrounding me. The dark, gray paved road stretched out endlessly. I was breathless and exhausted; how long would it take to get to civilization?

It felt like days before I escaped the trees. The sun was bright in the clear blue sky, so different to my soiled mood. I felt so betrayed and hurt. My body was aching. I just wanted to escape all this, just sink into eternal oblivion. I wouldn't have even reacted if a Hunter had found me. I would've embraced death at this point.

Stop, my wolf whimpered. Do not think those things, please. It hurts. She was usually so ferocious and strong, the confident side of me. A piece of me broke at her weak tone of voice.

A rebellious tear slid down my cheek. I'm sorry.

You have to rest, she said gently, her maternal side showing through. Inner wolves were there in the first place to guide us. They were like a third parent. Most inner wolves faded away as wolves grew older and more mature, but mine didn't. I never wanted her to leave. She was my only friend.

Where? I asked, in desperate need of guidance. The houses that now lined the street I was in were big, not exactly mansions, but obviously belonged to wealthy people. I couldn't just walk up and knock on one of the doors, asking if I could stay there for a while. Nobody was that kind.

Go into the forest, she instructed. I wanted to object, but I padded back into the trees. Find some berries, my wolf added. Use your sense of smell.

I hesitantly lifted my head up, having little faith in my abilities. I took in a deep breath, through my nose and scents rushed into my nostrils, squirrels, rabbits, snakes, birds, flowers and oh, sweet God, berries. I instantly took off towards the direction of the smell.

The red, luscious berries gave me so much hope. I didn't know why. It made me feel accomplished because even though it wasn't much, I still found these by myself. And for now, that was something to be proud off.

I delicately plucked some of the berries and cradled them in my arms. They weren't really big, probably a third of my thumb and I had small hands in general. I picked up a berry with care and put it in my mouth, tasting it. It was bitter, but it was food and it was edible. I scarfed the whole thing down, my hunger overpowering my wolf's voice as she said something to me hurriedly.

When my arms were finally empty, I collapsed down onto the grass, letting its cool waxy surface caress my skin. The grass was so soft...Before I knew it, I was nodding off, escaping into dreamland where no one could hurt me and where all my deepest desires came true.