fourteen

@ everyone who says they know what's happening, what's happening, then?       

"This was such a bad idea," Jimin whispered, eyes glued to the screen. They'd all decided to have a movie marathon, and in regular Taehyung fashion, he'd requested horror. Yoongi had been more than generous with the stack of films he brought over, ranging from thriller to gore to the Exorcist, which they were watching now.

       Hoseok was sitting partially on Taehyung, partially behind him, trying to watch the film with one eye only. Taehyung had his arm bent awkwardly behind him to hold his hand, but Hoseok was ignoring it in favor of wrapping his body completely around Taehyung instead.

       "I cannot believe you requested t–this." Hoseok scolded, whacking Taehyung on the head. Taehyung smiled at him and poked his cheek before turning his attention back to the movie.

       "You're cute, hyung. But pay attention." Jimin turned his attention away from the two of them and back to the tv, where the little girl's head was turning around as if on a swivel.

       "Oh my god, oh my god." Jimin muttered, covering his eyes with his hands. He was going to have nightmares for sure. Maybe he'd get revenge on Taehyung by making him walk him to the bathroom. Jimin felt himself being moved, and not having won the couch this time, found himself almost falling off the love seat until he was situated in Yoongi's lap, back to the older boy's chest.

Jimin tried to hold down his blush as Yoongi held onto him protectively and pulled him back so he was laying on him. Jimin covered his face with his sleeves, still feigning afraid even though the part was over now.

"You're buying me so many cupcakes after this." Jimin said. Yoongi laughed and laid his chin on Jimin's head.

"Do I get to come with you to eat them?" Yoongi asked. Jimin turned his head a little to look at Yoongi, eyebrows drawn together.

"Um, duh?" Jimin said, looking up at him fully. Yoongi was grinning at him and nodded his head to himself a few times. Jimin brushed it off and turned back around.

"Am I allowed to call it a date?" Jimin blushed and shrugged his shoulders, suddenly very interested in the movie. Taehyung and Hoseok were grinning at them from the couch, like two mischievous Siamese cats. "Is that a yes?"

Jimin shrugged again and pointed towards the movie. "Look, she's killing another person how interesting." Yoongi just laughed and leant back against the love seat, pulling Jimin with him. Jimin sent a sideways glare toward Taehyung, who was giving him a subtle thumbs up. Jimin scowled and turned back towards the movie while Yoongi rubbed his thumb against his hip bone.

"What was that?" Jimin whispered, pulling his covers up to his nose. Taehyung was asleep on the floor, snoring loudly. Jimin had forced him to stay in his room that night because Taehyung made them watch horror movies all day. Even after Hoseok had begged to let them watch something else when the clock struck one a.m.

"Taehyung." Jimin whispered, more urgent this time. He glanced towards the window, which usually let in moonlight but was now completely cast over with a shadow. Jimin slowly crawled out of bed and sat down on the floor so only his eyes were visible from the window. The window opened a little and Jimin screamed, grabbing onto Taehyung's arm to wake him.

"It's the ghost of the lady who died here! Taehyung, wake up! Wake up wake up wake up." Jimin shook Taehyung hard enough to give him whiplash, but the boy slept like a rock. "I'm going to die because you won't wake up, you fucking asshole."

       "Jimin, stop calling him names it's just me." Yoongi whispered, pulling himself through Jimin's window. As soon as Yoongi was safely deposited on his bed, Jimin took to slapping him harshly in the chest.

       "You – scared – me – half – to – death!" Jimin yelled, each word punctuated by a slap to Yoongi's sternum. The older boy finally grabbed ahold of Jimin's hands and held them safely away from his body, and Jimin took to pouting at him.

"I brought you something," Yoongi whispered. He moved both of Jimin's hands into one of his own and dug around in his back pocket with the other. Yoongi finally pulled out a small nightlight and he grinned at Jimin. "To help you sleep, it puts stars on the ceiling."

"Oh," Jimin said quietly, grabbing onto the nightlight. He bent down and plugged it in, watching as his ceiling was covered in stars and constellations.

"My mom bought me it so I could learn all the names, here–" Yoongi pulled Jimin down onto the bed and pointed up towards the ceiling, tracing a constellation with his finger. "That's Orion's belt, and that's the Big Dipper."

Jimin listened as Yoongi named all the stars on his ceiling, slowly feeling himself fall asleep to the low timbre of Yoongi's voice.

      "Wow, if I had known we were having a sleepover I would have invited Hoseok." Jimin peeled open a sleep sealed eye and looked up at Taehyung, who was standing over him with an accusing look on his face.

       "What are you talking about?" Jimin grumbled, trying to pull his blanket up closer to his head. It wouldn't budge, resulting in Jimin's fist coming up to punch him in the face. Jimin groaned and rolled over, trying to get some heat from where he was in bed.

       "Did you think I wouldn't notice the boy in your bed?" Taehyung asked. Jimin squinted at him and pulled his face into a frown.

       "Tae, I don't know what you're talking about. Please let me sleep, I didn't get any thanks to you and Yoongi picking out that horrible movie." Jimin said.

       "Well, I thought it was good." Yoongi's low morning voice rumbled in Jimin's ear and the younger boy yelped, falling out of the bed and onto the floor. Jimin looked up at Taehyung, who was smirking at him, then to Yoongi, who was looking at him with a sleepy grin on his face. "Sorry, I'll try to stop scaring you."

       "Right, so, next time you guys have a sleep over tell me and I'll stay with Hoseok or something. Thank god I'm a heavy sleeper." Taehyung said, making his way out of the room.

       "What?" Jimin said, staring after his best friend. "Why would he have to be a heavy sleeper for you to come over– hey! We didn't do anything!" Jimin yelled after him, throwing a pillow at Taehyung's back. The younger boy just laughed and disappeared down the hallway.

       "You drooled on my shoulder." Yoongi said offhandedly. Jimin looked up at him and Yoongi patted the bed beside him. Jimin crawled under the covers and resumed his position from the night before, head on Yoongi's shoulder – strategically avoiding the drool spot – and arm draped over his stomach.

       "Sorry," Jimin said, sleep already overtaking him. He closed his eyes and nuzzles into Yoongi's side, prepared for at least a few more hours of sleep.

       "Don't worry about it," Yoongi told him. Yoongi shifted so his arm was situated under Jimin's head and they were facing each other. He looked down at Jimin, who was already asleep and snoring a little. Yoongi laughed and kissed his forehead before wrapping his arm around Jimin and falling asleep.