Forbidden Forest

"NO!" A mangled scream mixed with sobs was the only thing I could hear in the silence. Everything was moving in slow motion and it felt like my world had ended. My world had ended. The love of my life was laying at my feet dead. I collapsed besides Fred's corpse sobbing. "No, no, no, no! Fred please! Please wake up! Please!!!" I cried. Ron came in at some point and was crying on George who was being comforted by Cece, all the Weasleys were crying and hugging. Mrs Weasley stayed next to Fred, gently stroking his hair whilst I mumbled in disbelief.

I rested my head against his chest and let my tears soak his shirt, it still smelled of him, only with a hint of dirt and smoke. "Please Fred. I need you. Hope needs you. We need you." I whispered so quietly that in among the loud rumble of talking and crying it went unheard. "Please. I love you." I clutched onto his chest and let out all my sobs. That kiss was our last.

"Anna, please, we need to take him." George said from behind me, I can tell that it pained him to say that, I could sense that he still hadn't come to terms with it either. "NO!!" I screamed like a child being taken from the sweets at a shop. "I can't leave him George." I sobbed clutching onto his shirt tighter.
"Anna, please, you're making it harder tha-"
"Shh" I cut him off. I swear I just heard something. I tried to listen closely till Mrs Weasley said something.
"Anna, he's only try-"
"SHH!" I cut her off too. What I heard was unordinary.
Thump, thump.
"What the?" I said quietly.
Thump, thump.
The beat continued and slowly sped up. My heart began to race and I pressed my ear harder on Fred's chest.
Thump, thump. Thump, thump.
I breathed a sigh of relief and sat up.

"Anna, let's go." George said and he tried to pick me up. I turned to him and stopped him by going 'dead weight' "George listen." I said with a slight smile. He looked at me in confusion and knelt down beside me, I pushed his head onto Fred's chest and watched as his eyes lit up. "A beat?" He asked and I nodded.
"What's that?" Mrs Weasley asked from Mr Weasley's side.
"A beat!" George said more excitedly. I was grinning ear to ear as I checked his pulse on his wrist, sure enough it was pumping.

There was a groan from next to me and I looked down to see Fred sit up and scrunch up his face in pain. I gasped and tackled him in a hug, in which he responded with a grunt. "Fred!! Oh my God you're okay!!!" I breathed. His arms wrapped round me protectively and he buried his head into my neck. "I'm so glad you're safe." He whispered to me whilst everyone else was smiling and crying happy tears.

We pulled out of the hug and stared into each other's eyes. I whacked him on the chest and he grunted in pain. "That's for almost dying on me." I snapped whilst everyone else looked at me with confusion. I grabbed onto Fred's collar and smacked his lips into mine. Like always, fireworks went off and I felt complete. Our lips moved in sync and we were the only people in the world. When we pulled apart for air we stared at each other again. "That's for everything else." I smiled, Fred laughed and I began to giggle.

Hermione and Ron strolled back into the hall, Hermione in tears and Ron looking devastated. They reached us and we all looked at them in confusion. "Where's Harry?" I asked, I meant for it to sound casual but concern was leaking from it. "He's gone to the forest." Ron said solemnly. I leaped off Fred's lap and rushed past them.
"Anna where are you going?" Fred called after me.
"To stop Harry!" I yelled back.
"You can't go! You'll be killed." George said in shock. I turned back to them and their faces turned to sorrow when they saw the tears falling from my face. "Please. He's the only family I have left." Although it wasn't technically true since I have Hope and the Weasleys, but they understood what I meant. He's the only Marauders family I have left. Fred looked into my eyes and nodded sadly. I walked back to him and hugged him tight. "I promise I will come back." I whispered and kissed him quickly before taking off and running down to the forest.

"HARRY STOP!" I screamed as I ran deeper into the forest. My foot caught on a root and I went falling to the earth, my knees landed on something sharp and I cursed in pain. "Son of a bitch!" I yelled as I cradled my bleeding knee. I looked down at what I fell on and saw a weird, triangle shaped stone, I picked it up and held it in my hand. I stood up as I looked down at it in confusion.

I heard someone clear their throat and my blood ran cold. Crap! I thought, the Death Eaters have found me. I looked up and took a sharp intake of air. Stood in front of me, pale like a ghost but almost as solid as a living being, was Dad looking well groomed and younger . "Dad?" I whispered. I missed his smile so much, it brought tears to my eyes.
"How've you been Puppy?" He asked. Puppy. I never thought I would hear someone call me that again. Silent tears ran down my cheeks for a second time that night.

"Hey, no need to cry." Someone said from beside me, I turned around and saw James and Lily standing there looking younger than they were, like they were teenagers again. "James, Lily!" I smiled.
"You've grown up so much sweetheart." Lily said, smiling proudly at me. A few more tears ran down my cheeks as another voice spoke up.

"You forgetting someone?" A familiar voice asked, my heart cracked a bit and I turned around to see an adolescent Remus standing opposite me. "Remus." I said sadly. He smiled back and shook his head. "There really is no need for you to cry." He said with a slight chuckle.
"I'm so sorry about Teddy." I sobbed slightly.
"I'm sorry too. Sorry I will never know him....but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life." A cool breeze ran through the clearing. "Why are you here? You could be killed. Do you really want Hope to grow up without a mother?" Remus asked softly.

"You're a mother?" Asked a soft gentle voice, a new voice that entered the clearing. The air was sucked out of my lungs as I turned around. Standing there was a woman my height with the same blue eyes and long brown hair; it was almost like looking in a mirror. "Mum?" I whispered as quietly as I had done with Dad.
"You're a mother, we're so proud." She said again, her angelic voice mending my heart. 16 years have gone by and I haven't heard her voice. 16 years have gone by and I haven't had a mother. I see why everyone said I looked just like her.

More tears ran down my face, oh how I longed for them all to be alive and for my parents to hold me and hug me, for my parents to be able to meet their granddaughter. "I miss you all so much." I sniffled.
"We miss you too Puppy. But know that we always love you and are always right beside you." Dad said.
"You have to go back baby girl." Mum said calmly, a tear rolled down my cheek at the name. That's what I call Hope. I nodded and slowly released the stone, letting it fall to the ground, tears rolling down my cheeks as my family faded away.

I held my head up and walked back out of the forest, forgetting my mission to stop Harry, he's probably already gone. I reached the outskirts of the forest and saw that the sun had risen and day had come, the sun shone on the castle, mocking the emotions of everyone inside. Hopefully it will be over soon.