Hope's Birthday

~Three Years Later~

I woke up slowly, light seeping in through the crack in the curtains. I roll over and snuggle closer to Fred in an attempt to return to sleep, however, I couldn't. I rest my hand on his chest, right over his heart, making sure that it's still beating. Three years after the Battle of Hogwarts and I'm still worrying that I'll wake up one morning and he won't be alive and I'll be left alone, I can't bare the thought of him not being with me.

Reluctantly, I rolled back over to look at the time on the clock by our bedside and saw that it read 8:49. Hope normally wakes up at 8 so she should already be up and playing with her stuff with Teddy, normally he doesn't come stay the night but it's Hope's birthday today and I wanted Teddy to come round to spend it with her. Teddy comes over every fortnight to spend the day with us so that Hope can see him, and so that Andromeda can have a day to herself.

Shortly after I looked at the clock I heard squealing and the thumping of footsteps on the landing getting closer to our room, in a matter of seconds the door opened and the two 3 year olds came running in screaming and laughing. They jumped up onto the bed and landed on Fred and I, Fred let out a grunt when Teddy landed on him where as I let out a giggle when Hope landed on me. When they settled down they laid down next to us. "Morning birthday girl." I said grinning at Hope who was beaming back at me, I began to tickle her and she thrashed about with laughter. Fred and Teddy began laughing too and soon enough we were all giggling.

The laughter died down and we sat up. "Alright you two, time to get dressed, the party starts at twelve and we need to set up." Fred said whilst lifting Teddy off the bed and spinning him around then doing the same with Hope, they ran out of the room and down the hall to Hope's room where all their stuff is. I laughed and walked over to Fred, giving him a kiss before following the kids to their room.

I walked into Hope's room to see them jumping on the bed. "Hey, that's enough of that! Time to get dressed." I said sternly. The two toddlers stopped and sat on the bed. I walked to the wardrobe and pulled out Hope's birthday outfit only to hear her groan behind me. "Mummy, do I have to wear a dress?" She said in her light voice. I laughed slightly and nodded. "Yes, it's your birthday so you must look nice. Plus, Nanny is coming over and I don't want her worrying about your clothes." I said taking her pajamas off and putting on the white shirt followed by the floral skirt. "Is Uncle Harry coming?" Teddy asked, his hair turning slightly darker from what it was a moment ago. I nodded whilst brushing Hope's curly brown hair. "Yes, he'll be coming over with Auntie Ginny." I slipped in a pink hair band and stood her up, turning her to face me. She looked so much like me that it was uncanny, if Remus could see her he'd say she's a spitting image. "Perfect!" I smiled and she giggled. "Your turn Teddy."

All the decorations where up and the food was set out on the tables in the back garden, the sun was shining brightly and I relieved was about it because I wanted the best day for Hope. The guests should be turning up soon so I was just doing a quick sweep around to tidy the place up a bit whilst Hope and Teddy were playing with the balloons, throwing them up in the air and batting each other with them. I laughed and tidied up their hair before I heard the fireplace erupt followed by voices. I quickly went to the door and called Fred inside whilst the voices made their way to the kitchen. "Where's the birthday girl!" Mrs Weasley cheered as she entered the room with a bag of presents and Mr Weasley behind her. "Nanny!" Hope squealed and ran up to Molly, jumping into her arms. "Thanks for coming." I smiled and hugged them. Fred ran into the room and greeted his parents before leading them outside with Teddy and Hope following them.

I walked to the living room so that I was there to greet the guests as they arrived, George and Cece arrived second with their one year old daughter, Tanya-Elise. They were followed by Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron, then Bill and Fleur with their baby, Victory. We all went to the garden where the decorations were set up with the food and games. The presents were put on the decking were opened towards the end of the birthday party.

I picked up the paper plates from the ground whilst Fred was helping Hope set up her first broomstick, given to her by Harry and Ginny. Hope had received her first pranking kit from George and Cece, who received an irritated glare from me, a set of books and sweets from Hermione and Ron, a wooden horse from Molly and Arthur and some tops and trousers from Fleur and Bill. Overall I think she liked her birthday and enjoyed herself a lot.

I finished clearing up and put everything away so I sat down on the decking with a book and began to flip through the pages, Teddy came and sat next to me a couple minutes after I sat down. Everything was blissful as the sun slowly set on an amazing day. "Mummy! Mummy look!" Hope giggled, I looked up from my book to see her hovering a couple of feet off the ground with Fred standing behind her looking proud, she leaned forward slightly and began to zoom around the garden. "Hope, that's amazing!" I laughed as I watched them for a bit before returning to my book smiling, I was so proud of Hope and what she's accomplished. I stopped for a minute and looked around with a confused expression, 'I swear this has happened before' I thought before it hit me. The dream I had all those years ago before I moved to this house, the one where my daughter was flying on her broom and...went to high. I looked up to see Hope slowly rising. "Fred, make sure she doesn't go too high!" I called, Fred looked up and grabbed onto the end of the broom gently, pulling Hope back down to the ground where she hopped off and ran towards me and Teddy.

"Mummy, did you see that!" She squealed as she jumped into my lap, I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.
"I did, and it was amazing." Fred sat down next to me and pulled Teddy into his lap, they both began to doze off in our laps and we sat in silence till we heard their little snores. I looked over to Fred and raised an eyebrow at him. "So Fred, what position do you think she'll play?" I asked cheekily, we've had a bet since Hope was able to walk on what quidditch position she'd play. Fred chuckled and looked at me with his soft brown eyes. "Chaser, just like her mother."