Chapter 20

I shuffled slightly, opening my eyes slowly as I let out a soft yawn stretching my arms out, only to find that I was held down. A strong warm arm was wrapped around my waist holding me tightly against a warm broad chest.

I tried to get out of his grasp, attempting to pry his arm off of my waist. Squirming around, hoping he would become irritated and turn away in his sleep, but instead his grip tightened as he let out a low groan. Burying his face into my hair, completely enveloping my back with his warm firm body.

"Stay please." Alaricus said, his voice gruff with sleep, making me still. I tried to relax against him, soon giving up as my back stayed tense. A warm rough hand gently wrapped around my hip, I let out a gasp at the feeling of his hand on my bare skin where the shirt had ridden up. Slowly he turned me to face him, I kept my eyes down, staring at his chest, but he placed two fingers under my chin, pushing my head up so that I was looking into his eyes.

His eyes were back to their beautiful honey, the tender look that I tried to deny that I loved back in them as he stared at me in admiration. My cheeks warming as I wonder what he saw. I wasn't exactly what one would call a pretty sleeper.

"Thank you, for last night." He said softly, and I looked up at him slightly confused as to why he was thanking me.

"For staying with us, for comforting Eros." He says, his voice softer then usual, reminding me of soft fresh honey. His soft hair was all over the place looking like messy bed head and yet still he looked in control. Like a true king.

"It was no problem." I say lightly, attempting to pull back from his hold, but he shakes his head at me slowly. Hesitantly pulling me even closer, looking deep into my eyes as he does. His gaze so intense it felt as if he could see right through me, see what I was trying to hide. Begging me with his eyes to stay.

My stomach lets out a grumble making my eyes widen, and a blush cover my cheeks as I hide my face into Alaricus' pillow. I look at him from the corner of my eye to see him smiling down at me softly. He pushes the covers off of him, sitting up so that he was sitting on his knees on the bed, hovering over me.

I turn away from him a bit, but let out an embarrassing squeal when he puts an arm around my waist. The other arm going under my curled knees picking me up into his strong arms. Cradling me against his firm warm chest, as if I were a child.

"Let's get some food in you shall we." He said, grinning down at me, and I stared back at him still too startled to speak, it was to early in the morning to be defying gravity.

He walked comfortably with me in his arms, as if the weight of a 17 year old girl didn't hinder him even one bit.

"I-I can walk." I stuttered out as we got to the stairs, but he shook his head at me frowning softly.

"But you shouldn't have to." He said, his voice holding a finality, one I didn't wish to challenge, but my curiosity betrayed me, and I perked up in his arms raising a brow at him, and he sighed gently.

"You don't have shoes, and the floor is very cold, your precious little feet would be cold, and I can't have that." He says, and I turn from him biting my lip to contain a smile at his words, Eros really was a part of Alaricus.

He walked to the kitchen, setting me into one of the leather chairs at the breakfast bar, and I nearly squeaked in delight when I realized they were one of the twisty ones. Ignoring my surroundings I twirled happily on the chairs, reminiscing in the memories of my
family me and my dad would always do this. It drove my mother insane, she would yell at us, which would only make us giggle. Although she would try to avoid giving in to our childish ways eventually she would, joining in on our loud laughter.