Chapter Twenty Seven

~Gabriel's POV~

I threw her a confused look after she kissed me.

"Bye!!"she waved as she waltzed out of my office.Suddenly,Elise walked towards my office then she stopped.

"Oh,Ms.Hill.You forgot your paper on your table.I was worried you wouldn't retrieve it,"Elise said,sighing.

Wait,Megan's there?
I slowly stood up and look at where Elise is staring at.Suddenly,a figure started to turn around.Once she was facing in front,my heart accelerated.

Megan!!

Instead of her frowning at me,she gave me a innocent smile.I actually gasped.Then,she faced Elise and said thank you while walking away.
Once she was out of sight,Elise turned to me with a look of confusion.

"Did I miss something?"she suddenly asked.

I sighed instead of answering her.

Megan...

~Megan's POV~

I hate this!Just when our relationship is getting better,some witch will show up and ruin everything.I was such an idiot,smiling like that to Gabriel earlier.But what else could I do?I was freaked out when Elise showed up.

Anyway,I decided to stay at our house to forget what happened earlier.I mean,how can I be in the same bed as Gabriel after what happened?Seriously,it was really awkward...

Once I got home,Margo was already sleeping upstairs.Feeling hungry,I went to the kitchen and hunted down some foods.
While I was eating,I thought of what might happen after Betty showed up.Will we be separated because of her?I took it seriously when she said that she'll break us apart.Sometimes,what girls says always comes true.

I rubbed the back of my neck from confusion.I don't what to do anymore.I took a deep sigh.As I was done eating and cleaning the dishes,I went upstairs to sleep.

~Next Day~

When I got out of bed in the morning,I fought the urge on going back on sleeping because of work and now what do I find myself into?
C'mon,I work hard on forgetting what happened yesterday and this is what I'm going to see?!

Standing in Gabriel's office is Betty.As in Betty Green.Wearing a cheeky smile.

Way to spoil my morning..

                  **************************

I quickly got out of the office once I already introduced myself.Strange or bad things happens to you unexpectedly.You don't even know will it happen.Just like me.First,I was devastated when Betty said she would break us up.Second,I saw her in Gabriel's office again,not to mention,the second time.And lastly,she's the daughter of Gabriel's new partner in the business.

So now I have to treat her like a queen because she's like a princess on their company,for crying out loud!Even thought I really want to buy a cake and smashed it in her face but in order to keep Gabriel's name clean,I'm willing to stop myself from doing anything stupid.For now.

I let out a deep sigh and a huge frown when Lilly looked at me with a pity smile.She's probably saying that I have a new rival now.

I went inside Gabriel's office,making me see them having a happy conversation.Once I got in,they both looked at me.But they way Betty's looking at me is way more different than Gabriel's.He was staring at me cautiously,he has sweat falling down his face.His obviously saying that "please don't do anything stupid."

I ignored him and turned to Betty.I gave her a nice,but fake smile.

"Would you like some coffee,ma'am?"I asked gently.Believe me it's hard pretending to be nice to those people who you don't like.

"Oh,thank you,"she replied with a smile.

I didn't bother looking at Gabriel to see his reaction.I just walked out of this office.I went to the water dispenser and put some hot water.Then,I poured the coffee.I reached for the sugar but a brilliant idea flashed through my mind.Then,a grin formed on my lips.I settled the sugar to where it was place and just stirred the coffee.To be specific,I didn't put any sugar on Betty's coffee.I know I'm being a witch here but some girls needs to learn their lesson not to mess with me.

I went back to the office.I gave the coffee to Betty while wearing a devilish smile.Right from the start,Gabriel already knew I was about to do something stupid.Right from when I asked Betty if she wanted coffee.
Then,she drank the coffee slowly,not wanting to burn her tongue.Her face changed as she quickly put down the coffee.I thought that the reason why her face changed is because she hated the taste.But I was wrong.She loved it.

"Oh my gosh!How did you knew I don't sugar being put on coffee?"she suddenly asked.

I was taken aback,of course.I didn't knew she loved it!Grrr....

"W-well,I also hate sugars on coffee,"I laughed but it was fake.

She laughed to,not knowing that I actually did it on purpose.Gabriel also laughed but it seemed that his laugh was a worried one.

Never mind,I'll get you some other time....