Chapter 2: The Names Katalina, Katalina Gilbert

😽

https://31.media.tumblr.com/425877d836dcfabc6ec15c686bbe37a4/tumblr_inline_n9c3e0aR6v1ru7bwu.gif.

"Well? Did you miss me?" I raised a brow after a moment of silence.

Her shocked expression slowly morphed into a grin, "Of course I did you idiot" she rushed towards me with a smile, before pulling me into a desperate hug. "When did you get back?" she questioned while pulling away, a small frown taking over her face.

"Today" I shrugged simply and turned to put the last few dishes away.

"And you didn't think to call?" Elena's frown deepened.

"Didn't see the point" another shrug from me.

"Even though we haven't heard a single thing from you in two weeks?" her voice took on an upset tone.

"I was busy" I restrained my shrug.

"Where are your glasses? Didn't you say you had to wear them full time during your second month away?" Elena's sudden realization distracted her from scolding me for not calling home every two seconds.

"A friend convinced me to get it corrected, no more glasses or contacts for me" I smiled and turned back to her, having finished with cleaning up.

"At least now when we take photos, you won't waste time by constantly switching between them" she laughed sightly "How was the course?" we moved towards the couch during her question.

"Great! I traveled so much in such a short amount of time, and I made a really good friend" I felt my smile grow wider as I spoke about my new friend, Elena noticed.

"How are you dealing with...everything?" her sincere tone took control.

"Fine. Shouldn't I be asking you?" she gave me a confused look. "I've been traveling and stuck in my studies. Hit with multiple distractions left, right and center. While you and Jeremy stayed here, reminded of them every single day" my voice mirrored hers in sincerity.

"No no, we're good. Actually, we're better than good. Jeremy's getting back into his schoolwork, and I'm happy. Something I haven't fully felt since before the accident" she smiled slightly at her knotted hands.

"You sound like your old self, I rarely heard my fun and happy sister during our phonecalls. I'm happy for you, but what brought this on?" I waited for an answer I already knew.

"My new boyfriend, Stefan Salvatore. I really want you to meet him, Kat, you'd love him. He's so amazing and sweet, I don't know what I'd do without him" the giddy smile that appeared on her face refused to leave.

"He sounds like a catch. I can't wait to meet him" I attempted to conceal my smirk, not that she'd notice in her love-sick state.

NEXT DAY

"Elena? Can i borrow a--" I cut myself off after walking into her room, only to find a boy with big hair sitting on her bed. The guy from the grill, guess I'm officially meeting Stefan Salvatore as myself today. "Well, hello there. If I knew there was company I would have wore less" I smirked.

"Then a towel?" he frowned.

"Yeah," I said in a duh tone.

"Why are you in a towel Elena? And why are you talking like that?" his confusion grew.

Isn't this supposed to be the smart brother? "I don't know what you're talking about Stefan" I chuckled slightly. "You were perfectly fine with my behavior last night" I gave an innocent response.