You Choose: Interactive (part 6)

Choice 5: B) Yes, take the risk. He's a dog person, you can trust dog people.

Lisa finally decided after a deep consideration. Mark hadn't given off any risky signs; he had saved her from falling, sincerely offered a ride home and was so sorry when Chica ruined her jumper. Lisa had decided to agree to stay the night. Nothing was going to happen, she was just gonna sleep and leave in the morning. That's. It. She told herself.

Gathering herself up, Lisa stood and took a deep breath. Then with a casual 'I so wasn't just listening in on everything you just said' smile, she opened the door. It swung open to reveal Mark kneeling on the floor, next to Chica and Matt standing above him. Matt had his mouth open, about to speak, but when he glanced up at Lisa, turned it into a quick smile. Mark followed Matt's eyes to see Lisa entering the room. As his gaze rested on her, he immediately beamed and spoke,

"Lisa," He welcomed her like a familiar friend, "Sorry again about Chica." Lisa smiled and shook her head.
"Don't worry, I don't mind at all." She said, letting the door close behind her. Mark nodded and there was a moment of strange silence. Mark looked at Matt and, as though he had been telepathically prompted, Mark said, "Oh, oh yeah, um Lisa?" Mark stood and clasped his hands together.

"Yeah?" Lisa said, pretending as best she could that she didn't know what he was going to say.

"It turns out my other house mate has the car right now so I can't actually drive you home." He seemed slightly nervous, shuffling his feet. He was only wearing socks. He was cute.

"Oh." Was all Lisa could think to say.

"I really thought the car would be here," Mark reassured, "But, I was thinking if your cool with it, you could just stay here tonight and I drive you home tomorrow morning." Lisa took a moment to pretend like she was considering the idea, "You'd have to be on the couch but it's comfy enough, or you could just take my bed-"

"No it's fine. Um, yeah I'll stay. I mean the weather doesn't look like it's gonna get any better." As if on queue a bolt of lightening flashed across the windows, illuminating the gloomy rain. Mark chuckled slightly, "I'll take the sofa, don't worry."

"Ok!" Mark said, as though he was relieved at Lisa's replay, and clapped his hands. "Do you wanna order pizza?" Mark's voice was happy and so uplifting, as though he had no cares and that made Lisa happy.

"Hell yeah!" She chimed in and Mark smiled. Lisa followed Mark into the living room where he sat on the arm of the sofa and called for a pizza. Lisa sat down on the sofa, not directly next to Mark.

"Meat feast?" Mark asked. Before Lisa replied, they heard a short, loud laugh from Matt as he passed in the corridor, "Shut up, Matt!" Mark pelted a pillow into Matt's face and turned back to Lisa. She was still looking to Matt, laughing at his hurt face. Mark watched her as she laughed, admiring her round happy eyes and the way her face lit up the room, despite the cold weather outside. He let himself continue staring as Lisa turned back to him and she said something.

"Hm?" Mark snapped himself from his day dream.

"Yes, please." Lisa repeated herself, " Meat Feast pizza." She clarified after seeing Mark's blank expression.

"Oh yeah, heheh." Mark shook his head and ordered the pizza. As he put the phone down he stood and offered a coffee.

"Can I have a tea, actually." Lisa asked

"Oooooo, a tea." Mark said in a fancy british voice before laughing, "Sugar?"

"Two please." Mark smiled again.

"Ooooo, two sugars." 

"Shut up," Lisa blushed and Mark smiled to himself as entered the kitchen. Once Mark had disappeared, Chica padded over to Lisa and lay her head on Lisa's lap. Chica's hazel eyes gazed up, guiltily and asked for forgiveness.

"Aww, I forgive you, Chica." Lisa spoke as though Chica was speaking back, "This jumper is much more comfy any way." Chica blinked happily, "Your right I should text my room mate to say I won't be back." Lisa slipped her phone from her pocket and began texting her room mate.

Hey, I won't be back tonight but I'll see you tomorrow morning. Send

Chica lifted her head from Lisa's lap as Mark sat down next to her. 

"Here is your fancy tea." Mark smiled smugly at Lisa and she jokingly rolled her eyes, " Do you wanna watch something until the pizza gets here?"

"Yeah, sure" Mark picked up the controls as Lisa ran her hands through Chica's fur. 

"Oook, we could watch a film oooor some Youtube?" 

"Hmmm." Lisa thought aloud.

Which should Lisa pick?

A) Youtube, always Youtube.

B) SAUCY ROMCOM, PLEASE AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

You have chosen A! The final interactive chapter is currently being written.