Chapter 43

Where the hell am I? And what on earth was that beeping sound? Why did my body felt this numb and groggy. I felt like a log lying lifeless on the side of a river bank. I tried opening my eyes and getting up but it was no use I didn't seemed to be able to do either. What is wrong with me? Where am I and why is it that I can't seemed to move?

Oh my God am I dead? Did I somehow die? What was the last thing that happened to me? For some reason I couldn't seemed to remember anything either. I started panicking and that beeping sound by my head started getting louder. Why won't someone turn it off.

"Her heart monitor is blaring off the charts" I heard a man said.

"I think she's going in to shock or having a panic attack" A woman said.

"Were going to have to stabilize her by sedating her" the man replied. "Pass me me the syringe"

Sedate? Syringe? Who the hell was this guy talking about sedating. He's definitely not going to stick a syringe in me. I finally started screaming as I jump up from the bed ripping the cord that was attached to my arm out.

"Hey, its okay, okay. You need to relax" I heard a guy said trying to stopped me

I grabbed him by his coat and pushed him sending him flying back and tumbling over things on the ground. As I jumped off the bed the woman also tried to stopped me but I grabbed her by the throat tossing her to the side off the room. As I tried getting out the door.

"We need to call security!" I heard someone shouted.

The minute I had got out to door someone grabbed me stopping me from going any further.

"No! Let me go! Let me go!" I screamed trying to fight off the person.

"Lexi stop it! Its me Dominic"

But I kept screaming and trying try get away. I didn't know where I was or who these people were but I wasn't going to let them inject me with anything or stop me from escaping.

"What happened? What's wrong with her!?" A familiar voice asked.

"Her heart monitor went off and we were trying to sedate her to calm her down and she just went off on us"

"Lexi! Stop fighting! No one is gonna hurt you! Stop! Look at me"

But I refused to give up and allow them to used a syringe on me, I don't know who they are and I didn't care enough now.

"Inject her now!" I heard the person holding me said.

I tried to escape but it was useless and that's when I felt a stab on my arm and I was suddenly sleepy. I didn't have any more strength to fight so I just allowed the guy to hold me as sleep took over and I passed out.

*****
I woke up to a bright white room. I blinked a couple times trying to adjust to the harsh light. After opening my eyes again I realized I was in a hospital room. My body was really really numb and my throat was dry and felt like I've been screaming for days. What the hell?

"Lexi?" I heard mom said.

"Mom?" I croaked out looking to my left.

"Hey sweetie, you're awake" mom said hugging me.

"What...what happened?" I asked but my throat was dry.

"Here drink this" mom said screwing off the cork from the water bottle and handing it to me.

"Thanks" I said after drinking.

I passed her back the bottle before trying to sit up slowly. The minute I sat up and rested my back against the small headboard I noticed that something was wrong. My body just felt different, like something was missing. I looked at mind curiously noticing the nervous and sad look on her face as she watched me. Things started coming back to me, I remembered me being kidnapped restrained to that chair and then being shocked. My heart started beating fast once more and the heart monitor machine beeping was starting to get beep fast and louder.