Against a Wall

I felt my stomach tighten.

That was a growl I knew.

He got to his feet slowly, not turning around.

The low rumble trailed off until the room was silent. Taking a step backwards I stumbled over an empty Pepsi can.

When I looked back he was facing me, eyes black and mouth smiling.

I stepped back again but I was afraid to turn my back on him. If I got far enough away I would be able to shut him in the closet.

I took another step and he didn't move. And then, as quickly as I could, I reached for the door and swung it close, but he was too fast.

He jumped forward and grabbed the edge of the door, pushing against my force easily.

He wasn't supernaturally strong by any means, but he sure had more strength than the skinny boy he'd just been.

I pushed back but my socked feet slid on the carpet.

He stopped pushing and I stumbled forward trying to get the door closed. But a second later there was a blunt force that smacked the door against my face knocked me back onto the floor.

I looked up to see him looming over me. He reached down, grabbed me by the roots of my hair, and pulled me to my feet.

"It's been a while." The low voice said.

"I could have waited a bit longer."

He laughed loudly, "Don't be so sure."

"No, I'm pretty sure." I insisted, pulling my hair between his fingers to free myself.

Then he swiftly grabbed my thighs and swept me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Don't you remember this? Did you think your innocent friend would think to do something like this on his own?"

I was taken aback. I hadn't even thought about it when Peter did that, I thought he was just being cute because he missed me.

"It was all me, I just wanted to feel what it's like between your legs." He carried me over the wall and sandwiched me against it. There was no escape.

"Don't get me wrong, he thinks about it too, but it's not really his forte, you know?"

"But I didn't see you," it sounded weird to try and explain out loud, "In his eyes when he picked me up."

"I'm always here," he laughed, "I've always been there. Even in the very beginning when you found us in that old house. I saw you before he did."

My heart was pounding. I hated being this close. The emptiness in his eyes and the burn on his neck bright and throbbing, made my stomach twist.

"I'm what brought him back," he said, sliding his hands from my legs up to my waist and pressing me against him, "You should thank me."

I tried to lean back but he dug his long fingernails into my back.

"No thank you," I said, and immediately wanted to smack myself in the forehead.

He shared a similar opinion on the ridiculousness of my answer.

"I knew there was a reason I liked you," he raised his eyebrows, "You don't scare easy. Not like others, at least you're good at hiding it. I still remember some of those nights in the car, how you would lay there next to me, even go so far as to lock yourself in. That's not easy to do. And don't even get me started on finding the body, only a real fucking psycho would keep coming back."

I ignored the last part, "You were tied down."

"You really think I couldn't have killed you?" His arms tightened around me and his voice dropped even lower, "You think I can't kill you now?"

Feeling like an idiot I shook my head, "You won't."

He leaned in, his lips lightly grazing my ear, "Peter is the one who loves you, not me."

But before he could do anything else I grabbed the alarm clock off my nightstand and smacked it against his head as hard as I could.