Chapter 12: Hanging out with Hawkeye

***Another chapter :D Hope you enjoy it. :) Don't own the Avengers, only Alexis. Thank you so much for all the comments. Really make my day :)***

After taking my blanket and giving me his jersey and an apple to eat, Tony told me to go and find Bruce or Steve while he handled Pepper. Nibbling on my apple, I wander to the lounge area. Walking in, I see Thor and Loki having a rather heated discussion which had just finished with Loki storming towards the door. Pure rage was etched on his face as he yelled something back at Thor. The coldness of his eyes making me freeze. The loud voices and anger take me back to my old hell-hole I used to call home as images of my father fill my mind. Terror had me within its clutches as I scramble out of the door and start running down the hallway. Tears blurring my sight as I feel my anxiety racing through me.

Rounding a corner, I run into something solid and fall down. Pain flares through me, but is quickly pushed aside as I see a man looming over me. His face not familiar to my panicking mind.

"Please," I gasp, scrambling backwards hitting a wall. "P...Please. I d..didn't... mean...t...to."

He walks over slowly and crouches in front of me. My sobbing only hindering my breathing. "Please," I plead raising my arms over my head, attempting to making a shield.

"I'm not going to hurt you," He soothes as he raises his hand slowly and places it on my knee. I flinch but he keeps his hand where it is. He doesn't make any other move to touch me though. He keeps talking to me. Soothing me. Slowly, my breathing becomes easier and the sobs die down. Wiping my eyes with the back of my hands, I look at the man. It was the Avenger they called Hawk-eye. He smiled gently at me.

"Are you alright?" He questioned gently.

Nodding at him, I move to stand up. He removes his hand from my knee and stands up as well. He steadies me as I stumble.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he steadies me.

I nod, ignoring the slight throbbing coming from my ribs. He makes sure I'm able to stand up on my own before starting to walk down the hallway. I scamper after him to walk beside him.

"What got you so upset?" He inquires as we start walking down the hallway together.

"I walked in on...on...T...Thor a...and Loki...yelling a...and it...it sca...scared me," I stutter quietly.

"Ah yes their arguments are quite terrifying," He smiled down at me. "Where were you going anyway?"

"Trying to find Steve," I say quietly.

"He will probably be down in the gym. I was heading there anyway so if you want you can keep me company."

Looking up at his eyes, I look for any sign of him lying. My search comes up empty so I nod and send a small smile to him.

"Alright then. Follow me."

*****************************************************************

Following Hawk-eye into the gym, I spot Steve in the boxing ring with Nat. He sees me and sends me a quick smile before ducking quickly to avoiding Nat's incoming punch. Looking around the room, I feel my eyes widen at the sight of all the equipment.

"Hey Alexis," Hawk-eye says getting my attention.

Looking up at him, I say "Yes, Mr Hawk-eye?"

"Just call me Clint, please," He smiles at me. "Do you want to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow?"

"Am I allowed to?" I question.

"Sure. I'll even teach you." He says as he leads me over to the shooting range. Picking a small bow, he hands it to me. Since I have no muscles, I find it a bit heavy for me.

"Don't worry. I help you," He says as he sees me struggling a bit with the bow. Picking up a quiver of arrows, He takes me up the range. Crouching beside me, he sets me in position and helps me get the bow up and steady. He constantly telling me advice and tips as he shows me how to pull back the string, hold the bow and sight the arrow.

"Ready to shoot an actual arrow?" He asks after we go through the motions once again. I nod and smile softly. I could feel my injuries protesting slightly, but I ignored them. He pulls an arrow from the quiver he had slung on his back.

"Do you think I am?" I question hesitantly.

"Well, you'll never know if you can do it if you never try," He gets the arrow ready for me before stepping back.

Taking a deep breath, I pull the string back and sight the arrow. As I release my breath I release the arrow. It gets within the red on the target. I jump as I hear applause. Whirling around, I see Steve, Nat and Clint all clapping.

"Awesome job," Steve smiles at me before heading back to the boxing ring.

Nat nods her head and says "Keep up the good work," before following after Steve.

"Good shot Alexis," Clint says as he walks past me to get the arrow. I feel my face heating up at the praise.

"Do you want to try again?" Clint asks walking back with the arrow.

"Yes please," I say. Grinning I take the arrow back and get back into my stance.

*************************************************

Clint and I spent ages shooting arrows. I was having so much fun that I forgot about the pain that was emitting slightly from my ribs. He eventually got his own bow and went into the room with moving targets but he stopped every once in a while to help me and give me tips. I was always trying to get a bullseye. I had come so close on many occasions. Pulling back another arrow, I hear the gym door open and footsteps walk in. Slowly putting the string back, I turn around and see Tony striding towards me.

"Hey Shortcake," He smiles. "What are you doing?"

"Clint taught me how to use a bow and arrow," I smile up at him.

"Oh, yea. How good are you?" He asks.

To give him an answer, I turn my attention back to the target and get in my stance. Holding the bow up and steady, I take a deep breath and pull the string back. Sighting the arrow, I release my breath and the arrow. It lands in the inner red ring.

"Wow Shortcake, I'm impressed," Tony smiles as I turn back to him. "Now I was wondering if you could come upstairs with me to go see Pepper. She has a surprise for you."

Placing the bow on the wall, I look at him curiously. "Surprise?"

"If you want to know, you're gonna have to follow me." He calls over his shoulder as he starts walking away.

"Alright," I laugh softly before running to catch up. I wonder what my surprise is I think as I look up at Tony who winks down at me.

***hope you enjoyed it :)***