19.5 Emily's Healing Phase

3 days later. 

Silence echoes in the castle as I walk down the stairs. Every step was hard the further I got down. 

"Are you hungry?" Mom asks me as I walk into the living room. It was so empty except my family sitting around. My mind was empty as I shook my head at her. 

I stand there as they watch me. 

Say something. Please. Anything. I beg them in my mind, hoping someone would say something, anything, to remove this deafening silence. 

Dad gets up and I raise my eyes to look at him. "Have you seen the castle?" He asks me and I shake my head as he smiles at me. 

"You should explore it. We can clean it out," he walks towards me and I nod my head at him. Anything to do.

"Let's all of us split up into two and you can all take on a room. I want everything cleaned spotless." Dad orders everyone. 

"I'll be with Emily!" Eliza suddenly exclaims and she grins at our family as she walks towards me. 

"Come on." She grabs my arm and I watch as she pulls me out of the room. "Yesterday I was so restless that I went exploring." She pulls me through the hallway and towards a set of double doors. 

"I know you like to read so look at this," she grins at me as she let's go of my arm and pushes the doors open. 

I take a step inside the room. I was standing on a staircase and below me were bookshelves. Thousands and thousands of them. 

"I think this might be the biggest library ever." She whispers in a hushed tone as she stands next to me. "This castle is amazing. I didn't know there would be hundreds of rooms on a lower ground." She says to me as she walks down the stairs. 

"Come." She holds her hand out to me as I stare at her. 

She's being kind. It's okay to trust her. Ava says to me softly. 

I take a step down and hold her hand and she grins at me as she walks me down the stairs, talking about how she had seen a swimming pool, a movie room and the biggest safe room she had ever seen. 

She starts talking about how she had realised the further down she went, the truer the stories got about the supernatural. She tells me she was reading last night when Oli came for her and took her back upstairs saying it was night and the world was sleeping. 

"I found a door that I could not open," Eliza says to me as she walks to another set of doors once we reach the ground floor. 

"Maybe it's been shielded but I can't open this one." She shrugs her shoulders to me. 

I take a step towards it and I feel the energy in the room growing slowly and steadily. I place my hand on the door and I watch as a golden light appears around the door and shatters around us. The door swings open as Eliza curses at the glass room. Every inch of the room was covered in glass. 

I take a step inside and it seems to brighten up a little more. 

"What do you think this is?" She asks behind me as I look around myself, my magic raging inside of me, to be let out. 

I listen. 

My magic erupts from within me, as Eliza curses and runs out of the room as the doors shut automatically once my magic hits the mirrored walls. It laughs at me, whispering is that all? 

I let it out again, every drop of magic that I could use. I watch it swirl from inside of me and hit the walls and ceilings. A golden light raging against the walls, as if to say stop laughing. The laughter never stops as I feel myself fall to the ground, the magic pouring out of me.