Leave The Love Of My Life Behind

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch31: Leave The Love Of My Life Behind

"Talk about your siblings."

"Nathan was my younger brother and he was my person. What I mean is I always felt like he was the only person that truly understood me. Then my dad died and he blamed me for his death. Alisson was the youngest and we got along when we were little, but as she got older she started hating me. I never understood why, but she had this rage inside her towards me. Then my dad died and she also blamed me which only made things worse."

"Do you blame yourself for your father's death?"

"It was my letter that caused his heart attack. My mother always blamed me."

"Is this why you hate your mother?"

"I hate my mother because she always found a way to ruin everything good I had."

"Explain what you mean by everything?"

"She ruined my childhood. She ruined what I had with Luis. She ruined the company. She ruined me..."

*** 

"I'm here to make a deal with you, " she answers. "A deal that could get you out of this place tonight."

What does Aria get by doing this?

I slowly walk towards the metal gray table and sit down.

I can see my reflection on the table and I mentally flinch at my appearance. My frizzy tangled hair has gotten longer causing my red roots to show and my unclean skin is a pale freckled mess. My left eye is so swollen that I'm unable to see anything with it and my jaw is a dark purple color with a green undertones. I have a vibrant red handprint around my neck and everything below that is full of bruises from the multiple kicks I received.

"Admiring your appearance I see," Aria sits in front of me. "I can make all of this stop Abrelle. All you have to do is make a deal with me."

I can make all of this stop.

Her words ring in my ears and I want to make the deal.

I want it all to stop.

To stop now.

"What kind of deal?" I ask looking up at her.

"You leave Elliot alone forever," she smirks pleased with the desperation in my voice "and I'll arrange everything so that you get out today guilt free."

"That's it," I say. "You simply want me to walk away from Elliot forever?"

"Yes," she nods. "I want you as far away from him as possible."

There has to be some kind of twist to this, right?

I love Elliot and walking away from him will be the hardest thing I'll ever do, but I'll do it if it means making this stop.

Making the excruciating pain of being treated like the jail's punching bag stop.

But there has to be something more to this.

"Why?" I ask. "I understand why your father wants me away from him, but why do you?"

"Because I detest you," she replies, her voice and face fill with bitterness. "I hated you since the moment I saw you and my brother together. Elliot's always been full of hate and rage towards everyone. I use to think he could change and become a kinder more loving person, but he never did. So I simply concluded that he was incapable of loving anyone, but when I saw him with you I realized he wasn't incapable of loving. He was just incapable of loving me."