Chapter 29 - Humiliation

"By the way," I ask as we walk back to the house. "How do you manage to always find me? Like, I had no idea where I was but you found me."

Will walks with his hands shoved in his pockets. It's really cold, so he tries to sink inside the collar of his jacket as he is not wearing the scarf because he lent it to me. In my hysteria, I went out with just what I was wearing inside, which just were jeans and a pastel pink jumper.

"That's easy. I installed a GPS under your skin, so now I know where you are all the time."

As my eyes widen my feet stop moving and I can only stare at him. He stops a few steps ahead and turns to look at me, his brow knitted.

"I'm kidding!" he exclaims, laughing out loud while my cheeks blush, per usual. "You didn't really believe it, did you?"

"Of course not," I try to cover it up, running to catch up with him but he continues laughing so I have no other option but smack his arm. "Stop it!"

"I can't," he snorts. "You are incredible naïve at times, aren't you?"

Wiping away a tear that rolled down his eyes, he wraps his other arm around my shoulders, bringing me close until I'm tightly pressed to his side. I get flustered and for a little bit it's awkward walking like this, but then we match our steps and find the right pace.

"I don't know how I find you," he finally replies, honestly. "It's serendipity, I believe. I was just taking a look around and saw someone. I thought it was one of the kids and it's really cold so I was going to tell them to go inside. Only when I was close enough I noticed it was you."

"Your timing is something," I mumble and he chuckles, his hand rubbing my arm.

When he offered me his jacket before, I refused. However, I realise now that he's keeping me close so I don't get so cold.

"I'm charming in many ways, you're the only one in denial." Will turns his head to look at me, that cheeky grin back. "You should just surrender to my charms."

I roll my eyes, not wanting to admit out loud that he is charming. I know he's just teasing me, he isn't that arrogant and full of himself, but he likes pushing me and making me blush. And I like joking along.

"If by charms you mean your self-centred personality, then I guess I have to admit it."

"Ouch," he dramatises, clenching his hand to his chest as if I've pierced his heart. "So cruel, Princess. Don't I have any other good points?"

"That's not even a good point," I make him see and he laughs. "Let me think. This is actually a very hard question."

It's easy to remember the time when we talked like this, but there was venom in our words. We really meant to offend the other. Now our bickering isn't more than just playful banter.

"You're warm," I say out loud and his smile grows as he pulls me a bit closer.

"Then I'll stay around this winter and keep you warm."

I trip on my own feet, stumbling forward but not clumsy enough to fall, besides, Will is holding me so he stabilises me. I can't look at him because when he says that, my mind doesn't exactly think of the most innocent thing.

I blame it on all those movies and shows that alway put another meaning to the whole 'keeping you warm' part!

"Why are you blushing?" Will asks, still spotting my flaming cheeks. I try to hide my face, cursing my head for those two seconds that it took to interpret his words differently. "What did you think about, Princess?"