Two

Chapter Two

C A R O L I N E

"Hey, sugar," King Dickwad greeted softly, closing the door behind him. The music had been so loud that I didn't hear him come in.

In his hand was Alfie's phone. He had been watching my snapchats. In pure shock, my cellular device fell out of my hands as I scrambled to close my laptop and take a small step back. No! Don't back away, idiot. Even though he had dominance radiating off of him in waves, don't let him use it against you.

He smiled wickedly as his gaze traveled up and down my body hungrily. "You really dressed for the occasion, didn't you, princess?"

"Get out of my room," I said stiffly, clenching my fists. Look tough. Be tough. Ignore the sweat that wants to trickle down your back and the fact that all of a sudden you need to use the restroom.

He took a big stride forward, and I instinctively took another back. This made him chuckle. "Still trying to act feisty. Hasn't anyone beaten the respect into you yet?" He tested, his eyes moving to my bed, taking in the trash and the food. "Cute little set up you have. But there's plenty more food downstairs. Come along."

"I wasn't invited. I am not a member of the pack, I am not obligated to attend any parties or meetings. I-"

I yelped hoarsely as he gripped my wrist and towed me closer to him, his dark gaze beating down on me viciously as he gave out a command. "You are obligated and required if I say so. Remember, sugar?"

I glared at the hand that was wrapped around my small wrist, wishing I had laser beam eyes that would melt his flesh and bones. But alas, his hand remained intact.

"Caroline," he hummed.

I jerked away from the name like he had slapped me. "It's Cara."

"Caroline is so beautiful. It fits you, sugar," he claimed, tipping my chin up so I was forced to meet his gaze. "Come downstairs and enjoy the rest of the night."

"No."

"Caroline..." He growled.

I may not be a Shifter, but that didn't mean alpha commands had no effect on me. Especially from the ultimate Alpha himself. I bowed my head submissively, gritting my teeth angrily.

He snickered at me. "Oh, and I forgot." He bent his head, his lips brushing softly against my throat - the standard greeting of Shifters. "It is nice to see you again, sugar."

Him and his stupid pet names.

I was pushed forcefully out of the safety of my room and down the many stairs to the bottom floor, where Alfie was waiting for me, chewing his nails as he waited beside a tall, muscular man that could only have been Dickwad's second in command.

"You know, I do have a name," Dickwad murmured behind me.

I paused, gawking up at him. "I said that out loud?"

"No. Being King has its benefits. Like reading unprotected thoughts of feisty little humans," he teased. Alfie saw me and his face paled. "Thank you for letting me borrow your phone, mate."

Alfie took his cell back and tucked it away, nodding vigorously. "Y-yes, sir, anytime."

"Now, since you and sugarbaby here are so buddy-buddy, I'm giving you the responsibility of keeping her here. Understand?" The King demanded.

Alfie nodded again, looking like he was about to faint. I just stood there like a toddler in time out, my arms folded across my chest.

The King turned to me, smirking at my sour expression, before leaning in to whisper in my ear."If I find out you've escaped, I promise I'll be the one to beat the respect into you. Do you understand? Good. I'll come back to check on you later, sugar," he hummed before gently shouldering past me.