Chapter 15

Didn't edit, sorry. =(

Chapter 15

Thanksgiving

Andy's mom and Henry left the day Henry got his wallet. My mom was expecting them to stay until Thanksgiving, but they lied and said they'd changed their minds. I thinks it's better for all of us if they left. Henry is obviously a threat, and should not be around people.

Marco and I helped in the kitchen while my dad and Ms. Ramirez were at work. We don't have homework and the twins are taking a nap, so we're stuck with kitchen work. I was making the turkey, while Marco was supposed to be chopping things. That was all he could do. My mom was cleaning the turkey.

"I hope this thanksgiving turns out well." I said. "I mean we have more people this year, it should be fun."

"Yes it should." My mom said.

"I hope the table can fit all of us. We may have to make an extension." I said.

"I counted and we have enough. We'll just have to fit the twins in there somewhere by you and Marco."

"Easy enough." Marco said.

My mom didn't need our help anymore, so we left to get the twins from their rockers. They seemed to be having fun occupying themselves, so we decided to leave them.

"Where's Andy?" I asked.

"I don't know. He went out somewhere. I think Henry and his mom showing up really shook him."

"Should we call him?"

"No, give him time alone."

Marco and I sat on the couch to watch TV. Soon we'll be asleep and then tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

"Weird question, but can you draw me a picture?" I asked Marco.

"Of what?"

"A silly turkey."

"Why?"

"Just because I want one."

"Alright then."

Marco got up and ran upstairs to get his sketch book. I don't know why I want him to draw a picture of a turkey, but I just want one. Marco came back with his sketch pad and a pencil and sat down beside me. He flipped open the sketch book, which he hasn't used yet, and began to draw the outline of the turkey. I sat and watched him draw the turkey fascinated that he wasn't making a single mistake.

He finished and ripped the page out. He handed it to me and closed his sketch book.

"There." He said.

"How can you draw this good?" I asked, folding the picture and putting it in my pocket.

"I don't know, I just do."

The front door opened and Andy walked in. He gave us a small smile before coming to sit on the couch beside me.

"Where have you been?" I asked Andy.

"I was hanging out at the mall. I meant to buy something, but changed my mind."

"But you're doing okay right?"

"Of course. Henry is gone, everything id back to normal. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow so that I can eat my heart out."

"Me too." Marco said.

"Don't eat all of the food. I think my mom is making more than usual just for you two since you eat so much."

"When we're hungry, we must eat until we're full." Marco said.