Chapter 12: opportunities

Jee's POV

"How would you like to become part of a girl group I'm working on?"

My mouth drops, "Me?"

"Yes, you. Have you seen the way you dance? You won't even need that much training. You'll be perfect. They were supposed to debut soon but two of the girls dropped out. I bet you can even sing," Jyp looks at me.

"No-no, I can't si-"

"She's a great singer!" Yugyeom imterupts me. "She always used to sing and dance with me. She's amazing. Trust me."

I glare at Yugyeom but he just smiles and winks at me. Ew.

"You seem more than perfect for the job. What's your name?"

I bow and introduce myself. "I'm King Sungjee."

"Please, accept my offer. You'll debut soon and it's a dream job for anyone. You'll probably even be the main dancer," he begs. "How well can you memorize dances?"

"She can memorize any dance in like half an hour. I've seen her do it multiple times. That's because she's really smart. She's always been at the top of our class," Yugyeom butts in again.

"Really?" Jyp looked astonished. "I'm more than impressed. You need to be part of my company. It would be a joy to have you here and apparently to Yugyeom as well."

I turned to look at Yugyeom who was nodding. Then a light bulb goes off in my head.

"You said you had two open spots, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?"

I smirk. "Okay, I'll join. But can my friend be the person who takes up that empty spot? She was dancing with us like 40 minutes ago and she's also very talented. "

"If that'll get you to join my company, then by all means, your friend can join too. But I may have to evaluate her skills first if that's okay?" He says, putting his hands up in defense.

"Totally fine. Thank you. I'm glad to be working for you soon," I say smiling. I actually am very happy. I never thought this could've happened to me in a million years. I just wish I couldve shared this moment with my old best friend. This is what we've wanted since we were kids and this is not exactly how I pictured it. I never thought I would end up hating his guts and wanting to punch him in the face for his terrible logic. But I guess this works too. At least we're both living our dreams even if it wasn't together like planned.

Jyp sighs in relief, glad that I accepted his offer. "We're glad to have you. Welcome to JYP entertainment."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stepped out of his office. I am officially a trainee for a girl group called Daydream. There will be 5 of us once Lana signs her contract. I called her and told her the offer. She immediately accepted. No surprise there. The other girls in the group were Ray, Jesse, and Em. I was going to get to meet them tomorrow. They have been training together for over a year now so I'm hoping they'll accept us just fine. They seem nice so maybe they will.

I see Yugyeom sitting on a chair outside the door. He was waiting for me. "So how did it go?"

"Well, you are looking at the newest member of Daydream." I put my hands up to joke around saying it was no big deal.

"That's amazing Jee! I knew you'd make it just like you knew I would!" And with that he engulfed me in a big yugi bear hug. (A/n: hehe get it? Like yogi bear the old cartoon? Nvm I guess I'm alone) I just stood there frozen trying to process why he was doing this when he knows I can't stand him.

"Um, Yugyeom. Let go," I push his shoulder.

"Oh yeah, sorry," he cringes. Why does this all seem so familiar? Whatever. I shrug it off.

"But," he continues, "come with me. It's important." He grabs my arm and pulls me towards the stairs and then pulls me up those stairs.

"Yugyeom, I'd like to go home," I struggle as I try and break free from his grasp. "If this is another one of your memory boosting sh-"

"Calm down. It's not." He says as we reach the floor of our apparent destination. He opens the door to a dark room and walks me inside of it. Was he just gonna leave me in here in the dark? He knows I'm scared of the dark. Why would he do this?

"Yugyeom! You know I can't stand the dark! Let's go!" I shout.

"Just wait.." He trails off so he's not holding my shoulders anymore.

Suddenly the lights come on. "SURPRISE!"

All of got7 is standing in front of me. They were all popping mini confetti everywhere and blowing into those weird streamer horns except for Jinyoung. He was holding up a huge chocolate cupcake with pink frosting. Behind them high on the wall was a paper by paper banner that said "congrats Jee" that looked like a five year old made it. I smile at the sweet gestures.

"Aw guys! This is so sweet! Thank you all so much." I cover my shock filled face with my hands and Yugyeom leads me forward to my cupcake. "By the way, whoever made that banner deserves an award," I sarcastically say and everyone laughs.

Jackson steps forward all excited that someone acknowledged the banner. "Yes! Someone appreciates my hard work. It took me forever and-" he stops for a second and then frowns. "Hey, were you joking? I had like 29 minutes to make that! You all better praise me right now. I gave this room life with that colorful banner." Ah, yes. Jackson the sass master.

I giggle and rush over to give him a hug even if we just personally met a couple minutes ago and I dissed him. Oops. "I'm only kidding, jackson! I love it. I'll even hang it up in my apartment for a while."

He does that little squinty eyed squeal he does when he's really happy or excited. He's so adorable.

Jinyoung hands me my cupcake and I thank everyone once again.

"You should be thanking Yugyeom," Jaebum says. "He told us all in the first place and gave us money so we can buy this stuff at the convenience store. He wanted to really congratulate you on this."

I turn back to Yugyeom again, speechless. He gives me a big smile and I guess he didn't know what to say either. Instead of speaking, he dips his finger into the cupcake and boops my nose with the frosting.

"Yugyeom!" I shout laughing.

"You're welcome." He giggles back, never dropping his smile. Maybe he wasn't all that bad.