Training (Kylo Ren x Reader)

"Pace a little slower, think about your movements more," Kylo said to you.

You were both tracing each other's footsteps in a circle, training Lightsabers in hand.

Ever since you had discovered you were Force sensitive, Kylo had taken it upon himself to help harness your abilities. It had been months and you still felt like you hadn't progressed any further.

"It's not use, Kylo," You sighed, "I'm terrible at this, you're just being too nice to me to admit it."

He chuckled, closing the space between you as he moved forward. He put a hand on your cheek and you gazed fondly into his eyes. Kylo insisted on training without his helmet with you– something about the eye-contacting being good for your skill-building. Not that it had really made a difference.

You frowned, "It's not funny, it's the truth!" You exclaimed, "Maybe we should just give up on this whole thing... You and I both know I'm not going to get anywhere this," You admitted sadly, focusing your gaze on the floor now.

"Hey," He lifted your chin up so that you were facing him again, "I'm not giving up on you, and I'm definitely not letting you give up on yourself," He smiled slightly, "You've progressed so much in the past few months, Y/N, you really have," He tried cheering you up.

"You're just saying that," You shook your head at him.

"No, I'm not," He drew his training Lightsaber and tapped it against yours lightly, "And to prove it, you're going to fight me."

You looked at him cautiously. You knew it was no use arguing with him. Once Kylo had something in mind, there was nothing that could even try to stop him.

"Ready?"

You nodded, trying to focus on your movements like Kylo had told you before.

You struck a calculated blow at his arm and missed narrowly, Kylo swerving out of the way just in time, "That was good, Y/N. Try again."

You obliged, striking more swiftly now. Your training Lightsaber grazed Kylo's arm and he grinned at you, "See, you can do this. Now go again. Try and concentrate on what you want to happen. Let your mind do some of the work," He instructed.

You focused your stare on Kylo and struck another blow at him, touching torso this time. Before you realised what was happening you saw him stagger backwards, falling over.

"Kylo!" You dropped your weapon and ran to him, "Kylo, I'm so sorry, are you–" You stopped, noticing how hard he was trying not to smile, "You let me get you!" You realised at the sight of his facial expression.

He couldn't help it, and the next thing you knew, he had broken out in a wide smile, "Oh, c'mon Y/N," He held onto your arm, tugging on it as you came tumbling on top of him, "That was all you," He reached up to press a light kiss on your nose.

You rolled your eyes, "Right, so you're telling me that I managed to hit the Commander of the First Order twice before sending him crashing down to the ground? Give me a break, Kylo."

He put a stray strand of hair behind your ear, his hand lingering on your face, "So what if I helped you a bit," He took in your raised eyebrow and laughed, "Fine, fine. I let you win. But you're lying on top of me right now, so who's the real winner here?" He winked at you.

You scoffed before his lips found their way to yours and you kissed him softly.

When you parted, he wrapped his arms around your shoulders, "You're going to get there, Y/N. I see so much potential in you, and I know it's only a matter of time before you start realising it for yourself," He reached up and kissed your forehead, "But I promise you, I'll be with you every step of the way."

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!