The Last Day on Earth

Carl's POV

I opened my eyes to see the windshield busted completely open. There was blood on the broken pieces and I turned to my side abruptly to see Mikey banging on the window.

Only it was not Mikey anymore.

Mikey was a walker.

I was nearly in tears realizing that I had just wrecked and killed Mikey. I looked over to see Ron in the passenger seat still unconscious, and blood on his forehead. "Ron." I shook his arm. He had a little bit of blood falling from his forehead. "Ron!" I pushed his arm more and his eyes opened. I was hoping to god he wasn't a walker either.

He turned to me and then his eyes made their way onto Mikey. "Carl, what the f-

"M-Mikey." He stuttered and began to cry. "Mikey!" He yelled and Mikey's reanimated self continued to bang at my window. Mikey then fell to the ground after a knife to the temple.

I then saw my dad after Mikey's reanimated corps fell down. I shoved my door open and Ron did as well. "What the hell are you two doing out here?!" My dad questioned. I was far too pissed off at him right now. "Mikey!" Ron went down to his lifeless body and hugged him.

Ron got up from the ground and grabbed my shirt shoving me into the totaled car. "I said coming out here was stupid and you killed Mikey! You killed him!" Ron yelled at me and I didn't fight it back. "Hey!" My dad yelled and yanked Ron off of me and slammed him into the ground. "Dad!" I yelled and pushed him away from Ron.

"Mikey would be alive right now if you weren't out trying to solve everybody else's problems. Carol left on her own right? She's a smart woman. You can't care for a person that doesn't want to be cared for." I yelled at my dad and helped Ron up.

"Come back to Alexandria or don't." I told my dad finally. Ron and I then continued on our way. "Ron, I'm so sorry." I apologized beyond genuinely. I left my dad there, basically speechless.

"I care about you dad and that's why I came out here. I won't apologize for it."

••••

Bailey's POV

"Maggie!" I held her up and she continued to scream in pain. "It-" she could barely even say anything. She profusely began to sweat and became so pale. It was looking really bad and I knew something had to be wrong with her baby.

I helped her over to mine and Carl's bed. "I'm going to get help, okay?!" I told her and ran downstairs and out the door. "SOMEBODY HELP!" I screamed.

I then saw Aaron, Father Gabriel, and Sasha run my way. I cued them to hurry and they did so. Once we were all upstairs, Maggie was now screeching in pain. "What happened?" Sasha asked as Gabriel and Aaron tried to console Maggie.

"She came to talk to me and her stomach started to hurt. I don't know what's wrong I don't. Denise isn't here anymore, so we have to get her to The Hilltop." I babbled out all of these words at a fast speed.

"You went to Denise's classes, right?" Sasha asked and I stayed quiet for a second. "Right?!" She questioned again in a more eager tone.

"Come here." I pulled Sasha out of the room and she waited for me to explain. "She's sweating a lot and she's really pale. Her heads burning up and I can only think of one thing right now." I explained and Sasha knew I meant that Maggie could be having a miscarriage. Her eyes went wide and she looked at Maggie who was in great pain. "When do we need to get her to the HillTop?" Sasha asked and I looked over at Maggie and then back to Sasha "Now."

Sasha and I both went back into my bedroom to comfort Maggie in anyway possible. Maggie looked so miserable in just a matter of seconds and it was painful to even watch.