Chapter 22- Distractions

Melody's POV

I open my eyes to my alarm clock going off. I bang the off button and frown, turning to face the other way. Jonathan is lying on my bed, facing away from me. He is lightly snoring, not disturbed by the alarm.

I gently shake Jonathan awake, "It's Monday, school time Than." I say, Jonathan groans and presses his hand down on the top of my head, "Where's the snooze button?" he asks in a sleepy voice.

I chuckle, "I need to shower, if you don't get out I'll jump on you." I threaten. "You weigh as much as a toothpick Ody." he says. "Fine, I'll get the ice from the freezer and pour it down your shirt.

Jonathan shoots out of the bed and glares at me, "I love you but you're evil." he says with a sigh, leaving my room and shutting the door.

I grin and skip into the shower quickly, when I get out I still have fourty minutes and so I lie in my towel on my bed and check my phone.

Holy kebab sticks, 172 message?

I open my phone to see that most of them are from Jess and the rest are from Tyson. I open Jess's first and scroll through them. All the messages are just apologies and threats and sighs and rambling, the usual.

Me, 6:45am: Hey Jess, sorry I didn't see the messages 'till now, talk to you at school xxx <3

I send the message to Jess and then open Tyson's messages with a sigh,   

Tyson, 1:04am: Melody I'm so sorry.

Tyson, 2:016am: I can't stop thinking about you.

Ha, yeah right, as if. I thought I meant nothing to him?

Tyson, 2:33am: I'm sorry.

Tyson, 2:34am: Please forgive me?

Tyson, 3:00am: I'll do anything.

Tyson, 3:07am: I want you. No, I need you.

My stomach explodes with butterflies but I shake the fuzzy feeling away, I just have to remember what he said and then all the feelings go away. You're just another one of the stupid girls I am trying to get into bed with me.

Tyson, 3:07am: Cupcake?

Tyson, 3:19am: I couldn't delete your number even though you told me to. I'm sorry, please forgive me. I know I said you don't mean anything to me but it was a lie, you mean a lot to me.

Tyson, 3:30am: I can't fall asleep. All I can think about is that I hurt you.

Tyson, 3:31am: I'm so sorry.

Tyson, 3:49am: I just want to see your smile, you're beautiful smile and I want to kiss you again. I miss kissing you already.

I bite my lip. How do I know if what he is saying is true? I have been acting or faking or lying, whatever you want to call it, with him for almost two months now, I know how good he is at lying. He was probably drunk when he sent these texts.

Tyson, 3:55am: Just thinking about kissing you is driving me insane. Please, let me kiss you again?

I close my eyes and shake my head. Why is he making it so hard for me to stay mad at him? He doesn't deserve my forgiveness, not yet. But just these stupid little phone messages have me feeling like mush, I hope I can handle him at school today.

I scroll down to see the last message and my entire body freezes.

Tyson, 4:30am: I love you.

I shut my phone off and stuff it into my bag, I don't want to see that message again. It is obviously a lie, this is a joke to him. My feelings are just one big joke. What's wrong with me? Why does he make me so happy?

I start humming a song as I get ready, to get Tyson off my mind. I jump down the stairs and grabs an apple, hopping into my moms car that is waiting for me.

I drive to school, still trying to distract myself from Tyson's words but nothing works

I love you.

*-*-*

I slam my locker closed after getting my books to see Jess standing next to me with a stern look on her face, "Did you guys have a fight or something?" she asks.

"What? How did you know?" I ask, frowning. Jess looks over her shoulder at something, "Just a wild guess." she comments. I look over to see what she is looking at too see Tyson leaning against his locker.

He looks like shit. His hair is messy and there are dark rings under his eyes but somehow he still looks hot. Ugh, what am I thinking?

"Sorry for not picking up yesterday, my mom was having my ass cause I forgot to pick George up from school yesterday." she explains. George is Jessica's little brother and he is the cutest little red head I have ever seen.

"It's fine. I'll talk to you about it later." I say.

"Yeah, let's go to Ben and Jerry's after school?" she says and wiggles her eyebrows. I clap my hands and grin, "Yes!"

The bell rings signaling the beginning of class. Damn, were doing calculus today.

*-*-*

Yeah, I guess that's it for now ;) xxx see you soon <3

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG