Chapter 57

"Jolene, get the fuck up now."

I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes. I winced at the pain on my cheek, but ignored it once I saw a furious Alaricas.

I looked around and noticed I was in a cell. The place wreaked of blood, vomit, and rogue. Panic consumed me, but so did hurt. I looked back at Alaricas.

His eyes were dark with anger and hatred. I looked down, I knew this was going to happen. I forced the tears back though, that'll only anger him more. Just like it did seven months ago.

"You killed her!" He snarled as he grabbed me by the throat.

I didn't struggle, I deserved this. I killed his aunt. I'm a murderer. I looked behind him to see a grinning man. That man so happened to be Amelia's father.

I looked away and focused on Alaricas, who seemed to be angrier. I need to explain myself at least.

"L-let me explain." I gasped.

He growled, but dropped me. I landed on the cold ground, wincing at the impact.

"Sh-she attacked me, I-I was only trying to protect myself." I said.

He scoffed at me, "You could have done that without killing her."

"I didn't mean to." I whispered.

"Bullshit!" He snarled.

I bit back a scream as he pulled me up my hair. He glared at me with so much hatred, it broke my heart. Is this how easy it is to lose someone's love?

He threw me into the wall, causing me to smack my head against it. I grabbed my head and immediately hissed in pain. I looked at my hand, frowning at the crimson liquid covering it.

Alaricas watched me with cold eyes, there wasn't an ounce of concern in them. I felt my tears roll down my cheeks, but I no longer cared.

"I can't believe I'm mated to a murderer." He growled.

I swallowed, a tinge of anger flared within my chest.

"You're a murderer too." I bit out.

He narrowed his eyes, "You can stay in here for however long I see fit. I don't ever want to see your face."

I clenched my jaw and willed myself not to cry. Before he was able to walk out, I stopped him. He turned around and glared at me.

"I, Jolene Flare, reject you, Alaricas Cain as my mate and alpha." I stated, trying so hard to keep the pain out of my voice.

He didn't show any emotion, "Why?"

"I'm freeing you...from me." I choked out.

He grunted in reply, "Good. I regret ever loving you."

Those words sliced through my heart, but I didn't care. I deserved this though, all of this. I curled up in the corner, dizzy from the blood flowing from my head wound.

"That won't heal for a while. Have fun rotting down here." Amelia's father smirked.

"Oh, and since you're going to die. I gave Alaricas a different document. One that says you murdered an innocent rogue, but didn't recieve punishment. It was a last minute decision." He mind-linked me before leaving.

Once I heard him leave, I burst into tears. I cuddled closer against the wall as the sound of thunder echoed from outside.