eighteen

bizzle.
-

audrey

justin was the only one who knew i was back in la and i wanted it to stay that way. they let me reschedule the shoots and i'm back on the runway but it's been moved to two days from now so i had to get to the venue today.

i was just finishing up at the venue, it now being ten at night, me checking my phone after three hours. two missed facetime calls from avery, a text from my friend jadah that is modeling with me at the photo shoot and a text and missed call from justin. after asking avery what she wanted, i texted justin.

audrey: im sorry i was at the venue for the runway show

he didn't answer immediately, so i texted jadah back then he answered along with avery. i waited until i got into the car to reply. avery just wanted to talk so i told her after i get out the shower since she still thinks im in pittsburgh.

justin: it's okay .. can you talk now?

audrey: yeah, i'll call you when

since i was in a car with someone i barely knew, i slid the little window closed so he couldn't hear me. when i called him, my heart started beating faster at the sound of his voice. "hello?" he deeply says.

"hi." i mumble. "i honestly don't even know what we're going to talk about."

"well, let's talk about your runway show?"

that made my eyes widen. "are you serious?" i question, didn't think he was serious. we were on the phone, planning to talk about our feelings and this relationship and instead he wants to talk about my career.

"yeah, tell me everything. if i can, i might go."

"with hailey?" it was a sort of instinct to ask that question.

"no, not with hailey." he sighed. "i don't know who told you that we're together, but we're not. we never were. she tried getting with me not too long ago and i told her no, that's why she hasn't been around me."

"why'd you do that?" i slightly pout.

"because of you, audrey. i love you, and i can't just act like nothing ever happened between us. i couldn't hop from you to hailey."

that made guilt shoot through me. "i-i feel like shit now that you said that."

"what, why?" he rushed. "are you with someone?"

"no." i say. "i tried to get with someone sexually so i could try and forget, so i didn't have to feel the way i did but he turned me down."

"the fact you didn't say who he is, i must know him." justin spoke, his voice sounding stern. "i don't want to know."

"it was just a kiss, i swear."

"you don't have to tell me, you're not obligated to." he mumbles. "hailey kissed me once anyway, so that's like equal, right?"

"this is ridiculous." i groan, covering my face. "it's obvious we want each other, what's holding us back?"

justin went silent. after a moment of both of us just breathing, he spoke. "does this has something to do with how we broke up?"

the memories of our breakup came to mind. "y-you were going to watch me kiss calum, if i was going to."

"i mean yeah, if you would've kissed him then that would've meant you didn't want me and we should've broke up."

i lifted my hand let it fall back to my thigh, "and we broke up anyways! because of what? i didn't kiss him."

"because i said you flirt with everyone and only wanted me for the people i know." he mumbles, his voice sounding muffled. "im so sorry."

my heart started beating faster. "but you were intoxicated, right?"

"im being honest, no, i wasn't. i sobered up when za and ryan were getting even more drunk." he sighs.

"do you still feel that way?"

he didn't answer. he was hesitating so i hung up, and covered my face so i couldn't muffle my crying from the driver up front. my phone started vibrating next to me so i just turned it off and waited until i got to my hotel so i could sleep and try to forget about this.

------

if this sucks blame it on dehydration.