Chapter 10

After finally putting Mannat to sleep, Nandini got up from her bed. She glanced back at the seven year old sleeping calmly hiding her face into the pillow as she rolled on to the other side. The beauty and innocence that her little face holds could make anyone fall into her charm. And Nandini knew that Mannat would soon have Manik by her side.

Nandini leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on her hairs as she wriggled in her sleep and then pulling over her covers, she turned off the lights while closing the door.

Nyonika and Rishab had already left after the dinner and Manik didn't make much of a fuss. Though he had cringed somewhat like his son at the thought of his mother leaving him in the company of 3 unknown being, but he couldn't deny the pleading look on Ish's face as the little baby held onto his father's sleeves.

Nandini walked up to the hall where Manik had been since the time he had reached home.

The lights were dimmed and as she reached the couch she found one of the most beautiful sights of her life. Ish had fallen asleep in his father's lap and had snuggled close into his chest, while Manik was staring with awe at the small creature that had been hoping around all day rest so peacefully. It was nothing new to Manik, but with his memories gone...... It was a soothing sight for him too, seeing his own son resting in peace within the boundary of his parent's warmth was a thing that every parent wished for their child. Nandini was too blessed to have Manik as the father of her son.

"Manik"

Manik looked up towards Nandini and then pointed towards sleeping Ish and asked,"He had fallen asleep for a while now, what should I do now?".

"You could have put him to bed in his room", Nandini replied reaching towards Manik to take Ish into her arms.

"I don't know where this champ sleeps."

Nandini could help but the involuntary 'what?' Came out of her mouth.

"In case if you have forgotten seven years back I didn't own a apartment as large as this. And its all pretty new to me..... So how will I know where the rooms are....", and he shrugged like the college kids who didn't let any news to worry them.

"Okay..... I will show you around after putting Ishq to bed", and Nandini left to bid goodnight to her second child, but it was not the end. She still had a third one to deal with, Manik.

"So ready for the trip.....", Nandini nudged Manik as they stood in the hall all set to venture into their own home, but the look on Manik's face was something that explorers have before entering into the jungles of Amazon.

"Yes", and with that Nandini pulled him inside. Manik stared at the rooms with surprise. With toys and doll houses and pictures and million other things, the house was a sophisticated one but with a homely and comfortable touch. It was a second time in the day when he realized that he was insanely rich, as his eyes moved all around the costly appliances.

He wondered what may have happened that hiked up his company earning this much because the last time he remembered his father was almost in the stage of begging to prevent the company from going bankrupt.

Manik followed Nandini as she whirled across the rooms explaining the reasons and case history of that particular room....as to where Mannat and Ish wrestled with their daddy and where the little ones decorated their trees during Christmas.

Manik stared at Nandini as she happily rumbled about the things. He could see how easily and perfectly she suited in this life. The broad smile on her face and that twinkle of joy that he'd seen while she recapitulated some of the past events clearly indicated the love she had for his family. She had clearly found her happiness and everything in this but when she looked back at him staring into his brown eyes with those trust filled eyes, Manik could understand that she loves him, truly and deeply and that he was the one for her, and he smiled back at her.

Nandini came closer to him and tiptoed to kiss his jawline and whispered,

"I love you"

But Manik couldn't reply his part of 'love you too' as he could do before. There was no doubt that she loved him beyond limits and may be even more that he deserves but a question curled up at the back of his head as Nandini cuddled into his chest.

Was she the one for him.......

Sorry sorry for the late update guys..... Hope I will give the next update tomorrow. Till then enjoy and vote and comment.

Happy reading....