IMAGINE: Expecting a baby with Aidan

Aidan and you stare at the envelope on the table. Your husband sits across from you, his lips drawn down into a frown. Your hands are brought to your lips, your eyebrows furrowed deeply.
     "I can't do this anymore, Y/N!" Aidan exclaims, looking at you. "I need to know if we're having a boy or a girl! It's going to drive me crazy! We still have four more months of this pregnancy. I can't do it." He says.
     Your hands move to the bump of your stomach. "I-I don't know if we should, Aidan." You reply.
     "Why not, Y/N? Aren't you just a little curious?" Aidan asks.
     "Of course I am, but doesn't that kind of ruin the surprise? All the waiting would be over. It's more exciting to wait." You say.
     Aidan leans back in his chair and sighs. "I guess you're right." He mutters, scratching his head. He throws his hand out to the white envelope. "I-I could always take a look and just not tell you." He suggest.
     Your eyes widen. "Aidan Turner!" You gasp in horror.
     He laughs. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." He surrenders. You smile and shake your head. You grab the envelope and Aidan immediately stiffens, alert.
     "I think we should just keep this away from both of us." You say.
     "What are you going to do with it?" Aidan asks.
     You shrug. "Keep it hidden." You answer, pushing yourself out of your chair.
     "But it's not going to be hidden from you..." He murmurs, pegging you with a look.
     You hide your grin. "Well, yeah, but, at least, I don't need to restrain myself like someone else in this room." You state.
     Aidan points to your stomach. "Excuse me, but I think our little one is doing a great job of restraining himself." He says seriously, though humor is alight in his eyes. You start laughing and biff his shoulder lightly.

---

     You lay awake in the middle of the night, your hands cradling your stomach. You bite your lip, staring up at the ceiling. Your curiosity is wanting to get the best of you. You need to know the sex of your baby. You were fine earlier, but now it's driving you up a wall.
     You turn your head and look at your handsome husband sleeping beside you. You quietly get out of bed and walk out of the room. You silently pad down the stairs and walk into the kitchen. You reach into one of the cupboards and pull out the envelope. You close your eyes and sigh. "Forgive me, Aidan." You whisper. You open your eyes. You start to slide your finger across the opening of the envelope when the kitchen lights turn on.
     You freeze in place. Aidan clicks his tongue from behind you. "Y/N, shame, shame, shame." He tsks.
     You roll your lips and slowly turn around. Aidan is trying to hide his smile. You shamefully lift your head.
     "Just couldn't help yourself, could you?" He asks.
     "Sorry." You wince. Aidan walks up to you and takes the envelope out of your hands. He sets it on the counter and then leads you to the couch. You both sit down and Aidan holds your hands.
     "Do you really want to know if we're having a boy or girl, Y/N?" He asks.
     You sigh. "I did. But now I don't want to. I was caught up in the moment." You explain.
     "Can you wait four more months?" He asks.
     "Yes. As long as you can wait that long, too." You reply.
     Aidan smiles and squeezes your hand. "I can wait." He responds. You smile at him as he cradles your stomach. "I love you." Aidan says to you.
     Your smile broadens. "I love you too." You return.
     Aidan leans forward and kisses you deeply. Your heartbeat jumps, just as the baby kicks against your stomach. Aidan breaks away, laughing in wonder.
     "That's amazing." He whispers.
      "I know." You say, lovingly running your hand over your stomach. Aidan pulls you into his arms, while you both feel your child's movements.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!