Chapter 41 - Filing Charges

School on Tuesday had just finished. The day had been great. Last night was the talk of the school, and everyone saw me on TV. I was trying to hide with Oak somewhere in the back, but apparently if someone was looking for me, I could most certainly be seen. I also posted the picture with the cast and the Grammy itself, so I shouldn't be surprised that people knew I was there. Anyways I left Algebra through the back door of the classroom and was walking to the front of the school outside to avoid crowds.

"Wait up!" I groaned instantaneously and stopped walking. I waited for the owner of the voice to catch up, and finally Nick appeared by my side.

"What do you want?" My attitude toward him was still very cold, although he hadn't tried anything lately.

"Oh, I just wanted to remind you to keep your little mouth shut about what happened when we lived together?" He retorted matching the timbre of my voice, although I could see in his eyes, he was serious.

"Again," I rolled my eyes, "I haven't said a word. Why are you bringing this up?"

"Funny you should ask. So my parents applied to foster another child recently and we found out yesterday that that won't be a possibility until they clear up rumors of our home being abusive."

"Good." I knew saying that was a bad idea, but it was true, no other kid living an already crappy life should have to endure what I did. As I said that my body flew back against the brick wall of the school.

"Keep. Your. Mouth. Shut." He responded, pinning me up against the wall. I was terrified, fire was in his eyes and his grip on my was powerful and frightening. Never the less, I couldn't show him I was scared. Never again.

"What if I don't? What if I tell everybody? Tweet about it? Call a press conference? What could you possibly do to me?"

"Word of mouth isn't reliable, Twitter is useless to get word out with, unless you're a celebrity, and you can't call a press conference."

"Ok, you're right when it comes to word of mouth," I briefly consented, key word briefly, "I have plenty of Twitter followers, because I live with the Hamilcast, and I can call a press conference, all I have to do is tell the first person I see when I go home that I'm ready to talk about what happened with you." A superior glint came into my eye.

"Don't even think about think about talking to any of those little divas you live with. You will regret it." His voice was steady, yet full of venom.

"I think I will. When I get home I will go right up to the first person I see and fill them in. Word will get out." I smirked a little.

"KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" He yelled into my face.

"What if I don't?" I responded with a level voice. Right as I asked this taunting question Nicks knee connected with my gut. I groaned and my head fell forward a little, I wasn't expecting that.

"Abigail. Before you let the world know what happened, consider how you're going to feel in the next couple of minutes." My mind was coated in fear, I couldn't form an intelligent thought, all I could think about was what was about to occur. He started by yanking me onto the ground. He continued to kick me against the wall for almost two minutes, which may not sound like much, but is a lot. After he was done with that he yanked my back into a standing position, pinned against the wall

"Please stop." I coughed out. "Please." I hated this, why me? Why did I have to endure this?

"Just one more." He said sadistically, "before you talk to anyone, consider how this feels." He gripped my hair and yanked my head forward, then into the wall, my head made contact with the wall and black consumed me, consumed my vision, hearing and thoughts, the world, in that moment was black.

I don't know how long I was out for, but I do know that I woke up on my own bed, with some cast standing around me. I pushed myself up in bed, so I was propped up against the wall.

"What happened?" I asked seeing their worried expressions.

"You got beat up." Anthony clarified, although I was somehow aware of that.

"I mean, why am I here? Why am I home?"

"Oh, your driver waited for you, assumed you weren't coming, and drove back to his home, he then texted me letting me know, he waited a half hour. I assumed you walked home, but when I got here at 5:00, you weren't here, so I went to the school to see if you stayed after, because you weren't answering your phone. I found you. What the heck happened?" Lin cleared up the how, now I had to clear up the who, what and why.

"Nick. He told me to keep my mouth shut about what he did, so his family could foster again, I told him I wouldn't keep quiet, and then this happened."

"Um, no? We're not keeping quiet about this." Daveed joined the conversation. "They want to foster another kid? That's not happening, not if they do this to the kids they foster. No way."

I nodded my agreement, but was very tired my head fell back into a pillow and I began to drift off, as I fell asleep I heard Lin.

"I'm filing charges. This has to stop now."

Thanks for reading

- Abi