Chapter 46

I couldn't stand it anymore.

My knees buckled and I fell to the ground.
I shut my eyes, pressed my palms to my ears and earnestly tried to block him out.

But his eyes still burned into my mind.

Tears were pounding at my eyelids but I didn't want to let them out.
I didn't want to show him I was weak.

But I couldn't.

And the tears came streaming down.
I just couldn't take it anymore.

Then I heard him laughing.
The b*stard.

He was enjoying this.

Then he crouched down and whispered in my ear in a very low dangerous tone.

"I didn't lose my parents, they were taken from me. Now do you feel my hurt?"

Then he ripped the door open and stormed out.

And yes, he actually ripped the door.

****

To hell with this.

To hell with him.

I'm done crying.

I'm not gonna sit here and do nothing.
Allow him to treat me like this.

I could feel myself boiling and something else seeping into my conscious, I was getting livid.

Damon was standing out on the lawn with Marcus and they seemed to be discussing something serious because there was a frown on both their faces.

The moment my eyes landed on him I felt the growl come out from deep within my chest.

Marcus turned and saw me. He took my stance as a threatening one since he went to stand slightly in front of Damon, natural instincts prompting him to defend his Alpha.

Damon took a look at me and then waved Marcus off.
"Leave us." He said without taking his eyes off me.
Marcus was hesitant, still staring at me, but he eventually left.

It was just Damon and I standing alone on the lawn now.
We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes.
Him just studying me, and me just seeing red. Only red.

I've been angry before, but this feeling was foreign to me. I could feel my concious get pushed to the back as new emotions overcame my senses and sprung me into action.

"I am not your punching bag." Was all I growled out before I sprung on him and literally shifted mid jump.
I really couldn't see anything, I was literally blind with rage.
But I guess he wasn't expecting my shift since when I landed on the ground on all fours, my original intent had been achieved.

I had the side of his torso in my mouth and I bit down so hard I could feel his ribs bending under the pressure of my teeth.
I bit down harder and snapped a few, then threw him into the air.
He fell a few feet behind me. I heard him grunt as he made contact with the hard ground.

The taste of his blood was fueling something dark inside of me. I squeezed myself further into the back of my mind and allowed my dark rage to take over. It felt strange, but it also felt liberating in a weird way.

He was still lying on the floor and this time I went straight for his neck with all intention of snapping it.
But this time he was ready for me so before I could close my teeth around his neck he held the bottom and top part of my snout and pushed them apart.

He pushed with a lot of strength and with just a little more, he would have cracked open my jaw.
But instead he pushed my mouth open just wide enough to remove himself from it and then twisted my head and body slammed me on the ground.