'I don't know babe, but it looks like you should be worried'

Lana's pov

My meeting with Christie was perfect. We talked about so much. I loved hearing about her past and I think she liked knowing about mine, I hope. She made me laugh and cry. She had a talent of talking effectively.

....

We walked out the room her parents were in and walked down the long corridor to the main hall where the convention took place. We sat down and she started crying again. I had to stop myself from asking why so I just hugged her. As soon as I hugged her, I instantly felt her relax. Her body flopped into mine. She pulled away and looked at me for a bit. Weirdly, I didn't feel awkward, and I am an awkward person. I felt somewhat sad. I asked her if I had actually helped her in any way. She looked at me with slight sympathetic puppy eyes and told me I had helped her in ways I would never know and I felt happier. I didn't like to see people I cared about so sad. We had loads of different conversations until her parents came in and told us it was late and they needed to go. I felt sad yet content with the time I had spent with Christie. I couldn't believe it had ended. It went so fast. I hugged her and she hugged me back. I closed my eyes and smiled. When we both pulled away from the hug, she thanked me and thanked me and thanked me for giving my time to her. She sounded like she didn't think she deserved it but I told her it was my pleasure and that I had a brilliant time. We had our hands in each other's just before parting. I felt tears forming but I didn't want them to fall. I think she saw them. She walked out of the room. Part of me was terrified for her life. What she said in her letter was in my head when it said "I can't leave until you know me". What did that mean? The responsible adult side of my brain knew I had to tell her parents about it, but the friendly younger part of my brain was telling me not to ruin the trust she had in me. The next thought that came to my head was Fred. Poor man was waiting all this time. I turned to walk out of the door to go to him. I opened the door of my dressing room and he was sat down watching Netflix. He turned his head and made eye contact with me.

He got up and said 'how was it? Was she what you expected?'

'Oh much, much more Fred. She was just so polite and graceful. She seemed so strong and I can't imagine her being in such a dark place' I replied. I was holding back all of the tears I had forming in my eyes, because I didn't want to seem pathetic or weak.

We got in the car and we were driven to a plush hotel. It was ever so posh in there. Aware that I felt low, and that I still needed to cry, I went straight to the bathroom. I think Fred noticed that I was being quiet but he didn't say anything. In the bathroom, I leant on the cabinet using the palms of my hands. I stared at myself for a bit before bursting into tears. Looking back on that now, I was angry with myself. I was angry that I didn't say anything to her parents about what she said in the letter.

....

We had a few more days in London so we went sight seeing. Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, you know, the usual. It was pleasant, but the whole time I was filled with anxiety about Christie. 'I can't leave until you know me' was going around and around in my head from the moment I woke up till the moment I went to bed. The end of our trip came and we were sat in the plane. Nine hours and thirty minuets and Fred didn't' really speak to me. I think he was nervous about asking me what was wrong and I don't blame him. I'm never really quiet so he has never had to ask me. We finally got home and he finally asked me.

'Lana, are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to force it out of you? You've hardly spoke since seeing Christie' he said, looking at me firmly.

I felt so guilty because I had ruined his trip to London. 'I-I don't really know. Seeing Christie took a toll on me. 'I can't leave until you know me' is what she said in her letter! What the hell does that mean Fred?' I said back slightly angry.

'I don't know babe, but it sounds like you should worried!' he said back with seriousness in his eyes.

I replied back with 'well I'm going to find out what has happened and I'm going to do it soon!'