Chapter Five

The Golden trio’s Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger’s big break up.

By Rita Skeeter.

Last night a large variety of sources were able to confirm the breakup of prominent war heroes – Ron Weasley, the dashing Ginger Auror who was quick to pick himself up after the war and rise through the ministry ranks, and Hermione Granger, the brains of the golden trio who has been smitten with Weasley since her Hogwarts days.

The golden trio’s Ronald Weasley was pictured outside popular nightclub – Allthatjazz. Clearly after partaking in a night of clubbing, his supposed girlfriend, The Gryffindor princess, Hermione Granger was nowhere to be seen.

However, in her place were two gorgeous women (both unidentified) with their arms- rather snugly, I might add- around him (see the pictures below). We also see him lean in and passionately kiss the leggier of the two beauties.

Clearly, one witch isn't enough to satisfy the appetite of the Ginger Adonis, who has not yet commented on the events of last night.

Is this really the end of the golden trio’s golden relationship???

                     --------------

“What a load of utter rubbish,” Hermione spat, screwing up the news article and setting it on fire with her wand. “You’d think that Skeeter had better things to write about than my relationship with Ron!” She ranted, her fists clenching as she slammed the plate she was carrying onto the table.

Crookshanks purred, rubbing against her legs in hopes that the brunette would finally serve him his breakfast, his bushy tail in the air. Hermione sighed in response, flicking her wand at his food bowl which then filled up with cat kibble.

She cleared up the rest of the dishes in the sink, fuming.

“I mean… why does everyone find my personal life so interesting? What happens between Ron and I should be our business alone, right Crooks?” Hermione huffed, stomping into her living room.

She was still in her pyjamas, and was supposed to be enjoying her weekend. Instead she had been bombarded by owls, all morning from various people who were asking for her own response… And the last thing, Hermione wanted was to start some media circus surrounding her personal life. She replied to some of the ruder letters, telling them that it really was none of their business and that she wasn’t going to be speaking on the matter.

Hermione stopped in her tracks when she spotted her favourite picture frame in the living room, resting on the mantle above the fireplace. It held a picture of her and Ron kissing and laughing. She remembered the day the picture was taken; they were at a picnic she had organised because of his promotion at work. That was one of the earlier days of course, long before their relationship crashed and burned.

“Where did we go wrong?” She whispered softly, taking the frame off the mantle and watching the picture version of her laughing without a care in the world – the polar opposite of the way she now felt.

Her vision went blurry as her tears dripped onto the picture frame, her heart aching. How could he have done this to her?

She wanted to believe last night didn’t happen but after waking up to a raging hangover, many concerned letters from Ginny and Harry checking up on her and the news article, she had come to terms with the notion that last night had indeed happened.