Chapter 22

sorry that it took so long but things have been crazy but here it is 

Chapter 22

I have been in bed recovering for the past week so I’m now four months pregnant. I have been under strict bed rest and Carver postponed any challenges until I was better but they start back up today as it’s my last day in this darn bed and I can’t wait to get out of it.

Carver had me moved permanently into the guestroom down the hallway as he was convinced someone hurt me and he was right but I wasn’t going to tell him that, when I told Chloe she said I should tell Carver so that they would get a piece of their own medicine but I just couldn’t take another death.

I have been lying here all morning bored out of my head with nothing to do but look at the ceiling and out the window that shows me the outside world, my freedom that I can never have.

I am broken out of my thoughts by the door opening and Chloe coming in.

“Hey, Carver wants everyone in the main room he told me to fetch you”

I have never been happier in all my life to know that I was able to get out of bed normally I could spend the whole day sleeping if I got away with it. I swing my legs out and go to stand but nearly fall back down but Chloe catches me in her arms and helps me to stand.

“Easy you’ve been off your feet for a long time. Please just pace yourself”

“Ok” she leads me out the door into the main room. Lilly and Amelia look at me in disbelief asking the silent question “How are you alive and why didn’t you tell?”

“Here she is Carver”

Carver turns round and smiles at me “Good to see you up on your feet again little one. And now down to business we are onto challenge 11 and this will be a breeze for all of you. there will be a girl brought in here shortly her name is Angelica and your job is to prepare her get her dressed and make her look presentable...you’ll only use the things that are in the bathroom is that clear?”

“Yes Carver”

“Good then I’ll leave you to it” and just like that he disappears but not before giving me one last smile.

“So you’re still alive...unfortunately” Lilly sneers

“You should just be thankful I didn’t tell Carver what you did and that you are alive right now but I promise you if you ever try and hurt my baby you won’t be!”

The door opens and a girl with thick dark curls is pushed through nearly falling, she runs to the door tears dripping down her face.

“Carver please don’t do this to me. I beg off you please don’t give him to me”

Carver looks down at the girl who I’m guessing is Angelica and shakes his head “You shouldn’t have run...you get what you deserve”

The door slams shut and Angelica slums down the side crying her eyes out no one makes a move towards her they are all too scared.

Angelica’s POV

I can’t believe it tonight is the night that my own brother hands me over like I’m nothing to him. I was lying in bed listening to the sounds of the cars passing by there are so many yet none of them know what happens in this house even our neighbours won’t go to the police because they are terrified of my brother. He came into my room and dragged me out saying I had to get ready...I kicked, screamed and fought him every step of the way but he is a lot stronger than me so I lost the battle and that’s how I’m now in this room crying my heart out just hoping that death would come and take me.

I feel someone’s presence towering above me so I look up and see it’s a tiny blonde haired girl with kind blue eyes she look my age maybe a little younger.

“Hello Angelica...I’m Dakota”

“You’re little one?”

“You know his nickname for me”

“We all do...I guess you should get me ready before Carver comes back”

I get to my feet and the girls whisk me off into the bathroom changing my clothes and putting me into a pure white dress that looks like it could be a wedding dress but only it’s too short. They put mascara and a little bit of lip gloss and then put my hair up with a few clips.

When I’m finally ready they leave me alone in the bathroom except for Dakota she lingers in the door way I grab her arm and push her in then shut the door.

“You have to know something Dakota there is far more danger than you could ever know...he lies Carver lies to everyone of you. he didn’t kill any of the girls apart from Ava but that wasn’t his fault. He sells them to get money and if the baby is still alive he will sell it as well”

“But I watched him kill them. I saw it with my own eyes”

“You saw what he wanted you to see...you would be better off dead than go through with giving birth...because if you’re dead he can’t hurt you or your baby”

“I don’t understand”

“Tell no one else this...You remember the very first girl he supposedly killed Holly? Well she’s alive she was given to a FBI as a wife to keep him off the gangs back...the baby was induced prematurely and then given to another agent whose wife couldn’t have a baby”

“What did Holly have?”

“A little boy but she will never see that baby ever again there’s lots of things you don’t know like I’m Carver’s younger sister, Seth is our cousin and he’s medically trained as a doctor, gynaecologist and lots other things”

“Do you know what happened to the others Jessica, Eve and Ruby?”

“Yes Jessica lost her baby and she’ll never be able to have another so she was given away to a medical facility hoping to impregnate barren girls. Eve is dead she and her baby both died in child birth. Ruby was lucky she was given to a mafia leader in Italy he was old but he let her keep her baby...do you see why it’s better to die now?”

There’s a slam on the door “Angelica open the door right now and stop talking!” Carver shouts and my heart beats faster knowing that it’s time “Angelica if you don’t open this door right now.....”

I open the door and come face to face with a furious Carver he leans down and whispers in my ear “I hope you didn’t tell her anything that you shouldn’t have”

I shake my head no and he stands up straight towering over me like always.

“It’s time but I have decided you can bring a girl if you want to”

“I would like to bring Dakota”

Carver grabs her and drags her off along with us.

                          *************************

When we get to the living room my heart is beating even faster it feels like I could just faint at any minute and I wish I would then I wouldn’t have to do anything just dream but I know that’s not going to happen.

Frank looks at me with wicked lust and Carver hands me over to him. I try to be strong when he lays me down on the floor and the gang surrounds me one holding my hands and legs so that I can’t fight. Frank has completely stripped and looks over to my brother for the go ahead but Carver doesn’t look at me he just shakes his hand as if shooing away a pest as if he’s cleaning his hands of me completely.

“Don’t cry Angel be a good girl for me” Frank wipes away my tears and then my whole world shatters.

“What the hell? She’s not pure Carve?” Carver doesn’t look at him and Frank grabs my throat “Who did you give it up to you little slut huh was it your pathetic lover?”

“I give everything I had to my one and only love!”

He lets go off my throat “Well you’re going to wish you hadn’t by the time I’m finished with you”