twenty

justin

it was awkward showing up at my ex girlfriend's show, so ryan, khalil, and hailey, after an apology, came with me. we're sitting front row, khalil turning to me. "did you come for publicity or because of audrey?"

as soon as he said it, i saw avery and maejor sitting on the opposite side of the runway. "both." i shrug. "i told you what happened with audrey."

"yeah, and she probably won't be pretty happy to see you after what happened." khalil says making me sigh.

"she flirts with everyone and you can't deny it." i say.

"she did it for fun. she loves you, you two were so close to marriage anyways." ryan spoke up from next to khalil.

"yeah i know, bu-"

"sh, it's starting." hailey hushed us, khalil squinting. he didn't have a problem with her but those are the small things that made him start dislike her.

we turned to watch the show, an unfamiliar song playing. as soon as it started, audrey was the first to walk out. her hand on her hip, confidently walking. she glanced at me, and gave me a small smile before continuing to walk. when she posed at the end and started to walk back, i clapped with the crowd. a grin found its way to my face after seeing her disappear backstage.

audrey: come backstage and hurry

justin: are they gonna let me?

audrey: will you just get by the entrance, i'll be standing there

i stand up without telling them where i'm going. i walked fast toward the entrance and saw audrey standing there. "what's wrong?" i question.

"i saw you and i don't know, i just want to talk to you. i didn't think you'd actually come." she gives me a small smile, the smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"yeah. it seemed awkward to show up at my ex's show alone so i brought hailey, ryan, and khalil." i shrug, and she tells me to follow her. we go backstage to where the models were leaving out and some were coming back in. "you did great out there."

"thank you." she smiles slightly. "and im sorry about hanging up on you yesterday. i-"

she stopped talking.

"babe, im sorry." i grab her hand, glad she didn't pull it away. "i was pissed okay, but you can't deny you did flirt with those guys."

"it was always a joke, i loved- love you, justin. i didn't think calum would take that wink so far, and-" she stopped talking. "i can't do this right now, i'm gonna start crying."

"audrey, please don't cry." i cup her cheeks. "you have a show to do and you know i hate seeing you cry, especially when it was my fault."

she takes a deep breath, then grabs a water bottle near her. "i gotta go back out there then change my outfit. can we talk after?"

"okay." i lean to kiss her cheek then walked away. i took a deep breath as i sat back down in my spot.

"where's you go?" ryan asked.

"to the bathroom." i lie. "scooter called too."

hailey poked me and pointed toward audrey who was walking back out with the rest of the models. "that smile says otherwise."

"sh." i shush her, and she just chuckles.

------

kesjndkehssh wtf wattpad