Chapter 9

I am so so sorry for not updating sooner.

My phone broke and my laptop wasn't working and then I went on holiday to Portugal where there was NO INTERNET!

But anyways, I'm back now so here's the new chapter:

~
Ron POV
(Gryffindor common room)
That Percy guy was well annoying. With his perfect hair and perfect magic and annoyingly perfect perfectness.

I don't get it. Why do all the girls fawn around him all the time.

Every time he enters the room, all the girls start whipping their hair and batting their eyelashes and the guy looked like he didn't even care!

Even the beautiful blonde girl from Beauxbaton was staring at him at lunch.

'Didn't you guys think that it was strange that Percy Jackson didn't even seem the slightest bit fazed when Professor Moody was torturing the poor spider. He looked almost... bored,' Hermione said.

'Why do all the girls fall for him? I mean, we've got Harry, and he's Harry Potter. He defeated you-know-who when he was a baby! What's that Perseus done that's so special anyways?' I moaned. 'You know, I bet he's a Death eater.'

'Don't be silly Ron, you think everyone's a Death eater. He's 17, for goodness sake. Besides, you have no proof,' Hermione said.

'Actually Hermione, I do. Earlier, he pulled his sleeve up and I saw something that looked like some kind of black mark on his arm. I bet it's a dark mark,' I said.

'Ron, that isn't proof. He could be perfectly innocent. You're overreacting,' Hermione said.

'Whatever. I'm going to the Great Hall for supper,' I said.

Percy POV
I was on my way to the Great Hall for dinner, thinking about this very interesting day.

There was something strange about that Alastor Moody. He seemed to constantly be looking at Harry strangely.

Must be the fact that he used to be an Auror and Harry managed to temporarily destroy Voldemort, just as a little baby. I thought.

When I reached the hall, I took my seat on the Gryffindor table next to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

'So, Percy, tell us about Hecate's academy,' Hermione said trying to be casual.

'Uh, well I already told you. It's an enclosed school which is kept out of the press and has an unknown location. To keep the students safe,' I said.

'Well yes, we already know that but what do you do in the school. You seem to be much advanced than the average 7th year,' she said.

'Well, we do more physical fighting work there. So if you were to lose your wand, you wouldn't be left completely defenceless. So we learn stuff like Sword fighting, archery (which I'm terrible at), hand to hand combat, fighting with spears, axes, daggers and all kinds of other mor- muggle weapons,' I said.

'Wow, so not only do you know magic, you can also fight? Are you any good?' Harry asked.

'Uh yeah, sure, I guess,' I said.

'That is so cool!' this random girl chirped in.

Where did she come from? Has she been eavesdropping this entire time?

'Not really, it's pretty sucky to always have to fight actually,' I said.

'Yeah. Yeah, I totally get it,' she said nodding her head pretending to understand my life.

'That's strange, I would have expected your whole curriculum to focus on practising magic and magic only seeing as you're so advanced,' Hermione said cutting off whatever the girl was going to say next.

The nameless girl gave Hermione a petty attempt at a death glare.

'Yeah, well, we do a lot of magic too, of course... so are any of you planning on putting your name in the goblet?' I asked trying to change the subject.

'No, the minimum age is 17 and we're all under 17. You obviously applied. Right?' Hermione asked.

'Oh right, yeah. I did,' I said. 'So... do any of you like swimming?'

'There's no swimming pool in the school,' Ron said rolling his eyes.

'But I saw a lake outside. Don't you go swimming there?' I asked.

They all looked at me incredulously.

'No, you'd have to be mad to go swimming in that lake. The lake's full of all kinds of weird creatures,' Ron said ending the conversation.

I got a feeling that Ron doesn't like me all that much.

I found my way to my Charms lesson whilst the trio went off to their own next lesson.

There was a dwarf-like man standing in the front of the class ushering the students to take their seats.

I sat down next to a girl who had straight honey-coloured hair that reached her waist that she had pulled back with a headband.

She smiled at me as I took my seat.

I noticed that she blinked a lot kinda like what some of the Aphrodite girls do with their eye lashes.

Maybe some girls just have some sort of eye itch or something.

The short man at the front of the classroom introduced himself as Professor Flitwick.

'Okay, I hope you all remember and have perfected the Aguamenti charm we learnt last year because today, we will be doing that charm today, but we will be trying it non-verbal,' the professor said.

'Now, I am aware that we have a new student and I was under the assumption that you are familiar with non-verbal charms. Is that correct Mr Percy Jackson?' He asked.

'Yes sir,' I answered.

'Good. Now I have put a goblet in front of each of you but I have also put a tray along with the goblet because I was hoping that some of you may even attempt to do the Aguamenti charm and control the water to levitate it on top of the tray,' he said. 'Now off you go.'

This was going to be a piece of cake. I could do that before I even knew that wizards existed.

So, I put my wand down and just willed the water to come out of the wand tip and levitate on top of the tray.

I could feel many pairs of eyes staring at me.

I decided to have some fun with it, so I willed the water to take the shape of 2 goblets pouring water into one another.

Then I willed it to turn into a shape, that somewhat resembled professor Flitwick, and made it jump up and down on the tray.

I could hear multiple gasps coming from around the classroom so I quickly stopped and put the water into the real goblet.

'Extraordinary! I had seen you control the water in the great hall but my my, it looks even better in person,' Professor Flitwick exclaimed. 'Very, well done Mr Jackson. Very well done indeed.'

~
This part has 1204 words.

I hope you guys liked that chapter.

I couldn't find any lessons that a seventh year learns in Charms so I just took the only sixth year spell I remembered and made it more advanced.

Sorry, that the story isn't advancing very fast, next chapter, will be the feast where we find out who the Triwizard champions are.

I'll try to update the next chapter soon!