Chapter 3

---Jessi---

     "Where's Jake?" I ask, hopefully not sounding to suspicious. I heard his phone ring, maybe he went to go answer it. It was probably Lacy.

     "Lacy called," Celeb answered, digging in the freshly stocked fridge,

    Justin comes out his room, like a dark shadow, wearing a black Nirvana shirt and torn black jeans and converses. He slips past me and pulls Celeb away from the fridge.

    "Excuse me" Justin says, which makes me laughs. He pulls out a bottled water and sits on the counter as he drinks it. "We're going out tonight," he suggests and takes a sip.

     "Oh my gosh, we totally should," Tammy says jumping up and down.

    "Yeah, that'll be fun. I mean even though we can't drink, we can still check out the local clubs." Rachel says dancing next to Celeb. I turn my head and catch Justin looking at me.

    "You in?" he asks. I could say no and make up an excuse like "I want to rest after the long trip" or the usual "Cramps". It's not that I hate clubs, I just hate the loud music and the over aggressive guys in your personal space.

     "Come one, it'll be fun, Don't you want to see the city life, just for tonight. Tomorrow we'll go site seeing, or whatever boring activity I know you want to do." Rachel says, she's right, I just don't want to "party' on this trip.

    "Sure," I say, finally giving in.

    "Okay, everybody, we leave in an hour," Rachel says. Celeb and Justin look at her like she's nuts.

     "I can be ready in ten, Rach." he says getting off the counter.

     "Well, your also not working with hair that needs to be tamed, and a fine ass figure." Rachel snaps back.

     "How could you, I've always thought I was pear shape." Justin pretends to cry.

   "Whatever, just take a shower. You and Celeb both, now," Justin grabs Celeb behind the back and guides them out the kitchen. Rachel and Tammy follow after.

     I go to my room and dig in my briefcase for a dress that's club appropriate. Two minutes later, looking at my new room buried alive by my clothes, I decide to wear pants. You can never go wrong with shorts. I try on black shorts with a dark gold high-low top with brown sandals. I brush my hair down past my shoulder and put in gold dangly earrings. I sneak to the bathroom avoiding everyone until I see myself in the mirror. On my way, I pass by Jake's door. I had forgot that I was looking for him.

     I go up to the door and place my ear on it, hoping that I hear something. His room is silent. I slowly turn the knob and open the door. I see Jake sprawled out on his bed sleeping. I stay there just looking at him for a few moments. "I'll just let him sleep" I think to myself. I retrace my steps and go back out the door.

     "He's sleeping, isn't he?" I jump, as Justin whispers from behind me.

     "You got to stop doing that." he smiles and brushes his hair behind his ear.

     "Sorry", he says shyly, "everyone's waiting down stairs." I thought I had more time. I hadn't even seen what I look like yet.

     Feeling uneasy, I follow Justin down the hall to the living room.

     "Everyone ready?" Rachel says, sounding drunk already. We walk out like an entourage, awaiting the mysterious night before us. 

     The name of the club is called "Roman Thunder". Tammy picked it out. We head into red strobe lights and loud house music. Rachel and Celeb branch off and go to the other side of the club, while Tammy nearly knocks me down, asking me to dance with her. She grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the "eye" of the club. I watch Justin wave me goodbye as he disappears in the crowd. We start dancing next to a group of guys. Tammy starts to move closer to them.