Chapter 44: At Least We Have A Plan This Time

"Hagrid, your going to have to get rid of Norbert! Malfoy will snitch on you in a heart beat!" Hermione yelled in a panic. All four of them looked to Hagrid for something to do about the situation, but Hagrid just looked dumbfounded.

"I can't give up Norbert! He's my little baby! Where would he even go?" Hagrid wailed and stroked Norbert.

"Maybe my brother Charlie could take him? He works will dragons in Romania so This is right up his alley..." Ron said looking around for some sort of approval. Rose nodded vigorously. That seemed to be their best option so Ron said he would send a letter to Charlie right away.

Though Hagrid told them not to worry too much about it they were on high alert all of the next day. Malfoy smiled at them with even more smugness than usual. He was biding his time so when he told the four of them would get in trouble too.

At the end of the day that day Charlie replied that he would send over some friends to pick up Norbert the next night at the astronomy tower. All of them where relived to hear that they could be rid of the baby dragon soon.

They decided that they would go tell Hagrid the news and make sure that Hagrid would prepare Norbert for his journey. When they arrived they soon found hat it would be much harder to move Norbert undetected up to the astronomy tower. He was already twice as big as they dat before and couching out balls of fire.

"Hagrid, by the time we come to pick him up tomorrow he'll be as big as the whole table!" Hermione chastised. "Did you know this would happen?"

"Well dragons grow pretty quick because they gotta start hunting..." Hagrid replied putting out a newly lit fire in his beard. Then suddently Ron cried out.

"The bloody thing bit me!" Ron yelled in pain. His left hand had some nasty looking tooth marks in it that where puffing up. Hagrid yelled at Norbert for being rude to the guests while Rose went and got out some fabric too wrap Ron's hand.

"Why bother doing that? I have to see Madam Pomfrey right?" Ron said looking confused.

"Well we can't risk her knowing that that's a dragon bite so you'll just have to hope the swelling goes down while you sleep." harry said catching onto what Rose was doing.

"Bloody hell. Why are we doing all this again?" Ron muttered no-so under his breath. They snuck back up to the tower and went strait to bed so they could stay up really late the following night. Hopefully Malfoy didn't snitch until after they got rid of Norbert.

Rose felt a little bad for Hagrid though. He really liked that dragon for some crazy reason, but he couldn't keep it. At least they were going to give it a nice home.