Chapter 45: Screw The Plan

The next morning Ron's hand was green and swollen to double the size. He could barely lift up his spoon to eat their oatmeal, and setting was his passion. They decided that it would be in Ron's best interest if he went to the hospital wing. He would just tell her that he got bit by a large dog.

And then there was only three of them left to lug the huge dragon up the stairs. They were going to use Harry's invisibility cloak to get by without being seen but they would need to make sure Norbert stayed asleep so he wouldn't give them away.

When 11:00 p.m. Rolled around the three of them all packed under the invisibility cloak and headed up to the astronomy tower. When they got there the saw an exasperated Draco and a furious McGonagall.

"But professor they here I'm telling you! Potter had a dragon and he's probably come right now! I heard them talking about it with that oaf Hagrid!" Draco yelled at McGonagall.

"Really Mr. Malfoy I expected better from you. 50 points from Slytherin and I'll need to talk to professor Snape about your detention." She snapped and pulled him away from the entrance to the stairs. Hermione had to bite back giggles as they saw the whole encounter.

They heaved and pulled Norbert up the long winding stairs and made sure he was comfortable. They saw two ragged looking people fly up to the astronomy tower and hook Norbert cage to their brooms. With a flick of the wrist it was hovering behind them. They said their goodbyes and then watched until they could no longer see the sleeping dragon.

"That went smoothly at least." Harry said letting out a breath. They starting waking back down to the stairs when Rose remembered that they had left the cloak upstairs. It's took her a few minutes to find it since it was invisible but when she did she draped it across her body.

She ran down the stairs to meet them but stopped short when she saw Filtch. He was grinning like mad and holding onto the back of Harry and Hermione's shirts. Rose watch helplessly as he dragged them away.

After a moment Rose crept down the stairs and got back into Gryffindor common room. She went all the way up to her four poster before taking off the cloak. She shivered at the thought of the punishment Hermione was having to do as she looked at the empty bed beside her.

After hiding the invisibility cloak in the bottom of her truck she settled into bed, but didn't even bother to try sleeping, so she waited for Hermione to get back.

After about an hour Hermione tip toed into the room and went over to Roses four poster.

"Hey Rose, are you still awake?" Hermione said softly while shaking Rose. Rose sat up and patted her bed for Hermione to jump on.

"Alright well we have to do detention tomorrow night and we lost 50 points each! But what's worse is we forgot the invisibility cloak. That was horridly stupid of us." She said laying down and yawning.

Don't worry love, I've got the cloak, and I'll come with you guys tomorrow for detention. I can give filch hell,

Hermione read it and smiled.

"Thanks." She mumble before her head hit the pillow and she was asleep. Rose scooted over and curled up next to her.