CHAPTER 15 - EXAM AND BET

CHAPTER 15

EXAM AND BET

MIA COLLINS

One month later

"Mia! I'm getting too nervous. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if I'll make it today. I want to do my best but... Mia, please tell me something." She begs and worries a lot.

"Emma, this minute I guess you're supposed to be cool even if you aren't well-prepared." I advise her but she rolls her eyes and keeps walking back and forth.

"Mia it is Biology examination! You tell me to relax and smile at you because you're a genius." She says with a stern expression and I can understand her nervousness. I know Emma is a good academician but every time when exams approach she's a complete crazy goose. Biology has always been my favorite subject but she hates it to the core. I don't face many problems with Biology because my dad and mom help me out sometimes.

"Miaaaa!" I can hear a voice and I turn back to look at James the Great. He looks so tensed today. I have never seen him like this even when he has not prepared well.

"James, you look so tensed!"

"Oh! How can I not be? You know that I'd copied every bit of Biology notes from yours and you know what?" he asks me raising his eyebrows.

"What?" I ask him.

"I have learned sooo much and I've learned like never before." He says.

"What? I mean.. you should be celebrating and boasting that you've learned so much, right? But why are you tensed?" I ask him.

"I mean it feels so terrible to know every little page by-heart. I thought you wrote just the important points but you've written the entire book in a different way in your notes and I blindly learned them. Dave literally asked me questions from every corner of the text and I could surprisingly answer EVERYTHING!" he explains.

"I mean, it doesn't give a terrible feeling." I mutter.

"It does, for me." He stresses on every word and I blink at him.

"And you're responsible for this." He says pointing at me.

"Yeah.. but you're complaining instead of appreciating my effort in helping you out with Biology." I say him disappointed.

"I think you're the best teacher. You just made me learn the entire thing. Oh my god! It's so unbelievable. Thank you sooo much dear!" He says smiling and I wonder if there's something sarcastic in his words but there's nothing like that so I smile back at him still confused in the change in state of his behavior.

"Mia, it's so unfair of you. You should've given your notes to me and not that fool." Emma says and I laugh.

"Hello Miss. Emma Jones, I guess you just called me a fool. You know what? I'm going to raise Mia in the examination and that is a challenge." He says staring in my direction.

"What? This is not fair of you to betray your own teacher, James. I mean... fine... let's see who the real genius is." she says protesting with James. "I know Mia; it's going to be you." She holds my hand and smiles proudly.

"Emma –" I try to pacify her but James interrupts me.

"Okay then. Bet?" he asks Emma in a serious manner yet with a wry smile.

"Bet." Emma assures him and I stare at both of them.

"Guys! Both of you are just playing around using my name in your game!?" I exclaim.

"Relax Mia." He says and adds, "The winner of the bet will ask whatever he/she wants and the other should oblige to that."

"What? What kind of bet is this? Like what will the winner want?" I ask confused.

"You should know what to want if you win. If I win, I already know what to ask." He says and leaves me confused.

"What will you ask?" I ask him eagerly.

"That's only if I win." He says and winks an eye at me. I immediately forget everything that's happening around and blush.

"Oh my God! Mia, don't fall into his trap! He's preying you." Emma teases me and I shove her.

"Where's Adam?" He asks and I look around. Adam is unusually late.

"I called him a few minutes back and he said that he's caught up in traffic because he left his home late unfortunately."

"Oh, poor guy." James and I chorus together and we laugh out loud and Emma joins us too.