CHAPTER 16 - CRAZY SQUAD! (JAMES)

CHAPTER 16

CRAZY SQUAD!

JAMES EDWARDS

Exam is finally over. It was a hectic week full of exams and now it's the time to relax and enjoy. Biology went really well and I'm sure I'm gonna beat her. I just have plans for the bet and I don't want to lose the only hope. Mia and I are walking towards the parking lot and I'm snapped out of thoughts when I hear my gang from the other side.

Dave looks at me strangely and I immediately understand what he means. 'You idiotic flirt.' This is what he exactly means when he looks at me and I immediately flush. I try to hide my face from Mia but I guess she caught me. She slightly tilts her head to look at my weird expressions and I kinda feel that cute. I waved at them once I reached my car.

"Nowadays I don't see you talking much to them." Mia says looking at my friends squad.

"Umm.. I do talk to them." I say her.

 I know that I'd been spending most of the time with her studying or chatting with Adam at the lunch hour but my squad already suspects me to be crushing on Mia for a long while and I didn't give them a sure reply. That's the reason exactly why Dave looked at me that way before. Everyone in the gang knows that there's something going on in my mind with this girl. They've been supporting me and gearing me all this while even though I didn't confess my feelings for her.

"Hello? James Edwards? Where are you?" I can hear Mia's voice and I suddenly see her hands waving in front of my face and I pull backwards.

"What have you been dreaming all this while?" she asks me and I think I've missed whatever she's told me when I was thinking about all this.

"Fine, I was just – "

"Lost in my world of dreams." Emma completes and I squint my eyes.

"Dude, what's wrong with you?" Adam asks me and I think all of them are focusing on me pretty too much.

"Guys, now shift your thoughts from me to something else."

"That's what we've all been talking about until we noticed you staring at the tree over there." Emma answers and that makes me wonder. Was I staring at the tree?

"Okay, what were you guys talking about?" I ask them eyebrows raised.

"Mia, I don't have the patience to blabber again. Please inform him. "She tells Mia and shifts her gaze on me. "And you better listen this time or else you'll be excluded from this plan."

I roll my eyes at her then turn to Mia when her sweet voice chirps in my ears.

"We've been discussing about the party tonight. After all the exam tension, I guess this is what we'll need." She says and I nod my head.

She gives the complete details about when and where the party is going to happen and I simply absorb her words. Emma pulls Mia away from me and squeals,

"Mia, c'mon! We need to go shopping! You promised me! Rush!"

She drags her like a leached dog and I want to say Emma to stop. Mia turns and waves at me. I wave back and then I'm interrupted by a bang on my back.

"Ouch!" I cry and I find my gang behind me.

"Guys!" I shout with happiness.

We fall laughing about matters we didn't share for a log while. We then watch some girls splashing water at each other on the other side of the ground.

I look at Dave who's staring at Rhea, the one in the group of girls.

"Davy.." I say and he blushes. 

"Aww.. You're such a cutie.." I continue imitating the words of his crush none other than Rhea Walkers. 

"Davy.." I again mock at him and he rushes to chase me. I run like a crazy dog but soon stop when I hear no sounds of footsteps chasing me. I turn back and spot Dave in the far corner talking to Rhea. I laugh but I admire them together. Dave and Rhea have been together for the past month and they're such a cute couple in the corridors. I've not spoken to Rhea even once so I don't know much about her but Dave's love for her can be read straight through his eyes.

I retreat back to where my gang is and laugh out when I find my crazy boys secretly watching Dave and Rhea together. Of course, to describe the fun that you have with your besties is way more than what you call 'crazy'...!