No Reason To Be Envious

You ran down the long twisting hallways. The Immortal Soldiers had been let loose and devouring every person they came across. You had to find Ed, but you had no idea where he was.

You had managed to fight your way through another group of the zombie like creatures when you heard a scream. You stopped for a second and listened. A boom came from the end of a hallway, followed by another scream.

You were about to go see what it was, but the area in front of you suddenly exploded! Luckily it didn't hit you, but the person who was in the explosion...not so much.

You waited for the smoke to clear and your eyes widened when you saw who got hit. It was Envy, the homunculus. He weakly tried to lift himself off the ground, but he was having trouble. His skin was singed from the fire and red sparks constantly flew around him, desperately trying to heal himself.

You had met Envy before, multiple times even. You actually kind of liked him, even though he was cocky and rude most the time, but he had his perks. One time he came to your apartment in the middle of the night to steal something. You caught him, of course, and punched him in the face, of course, but after that you guys actually talked for a bit and laughed a bit. Envy really wasn't that bad.

You took a few steps forward.

"Envy?" You reached your hand out to touch him.

Envy lifted his head and his violet eyes widened when he saw you.

"(Y/n)?" He gasped. "W-What are you-"

"Envy! Come out and face me you coward!"

Was that Roy Mustang?!

Envy yelped in fear before scrambling to his feet and taking off running.

"Envy wait!!!" You called out.

You were about to run after him when an explosion of fire ran down the hallway. An scream of pain from Envy could be heard from down the hallway.

You gasped at the sudden explosion and fell back. The fire died down and Roy Mustang came running down the other hallway. He stopped when he saw you and looked at you with rage in his eyes.

"Why did you let it escape!!!" He hollered at you.

"I-I..."

"Nevermind!" He cutted you off. "Just stay away and let me finish off that monster!"

Roy took off running down the hallway Envy went.

You began to panic.

He's gonna kill him!!!

You jumped to your feet and ran in the direction Roy and Envy went. You eventually came to a fork in the hallway. You had no idea which way to go.

You suddenly heard a blood curdling scream come from the left hallway. It definitely belonged to Envy, but it sounded way more painful than the rest. You dicided to go that way.

As you ran down that hallway you heard a high pitched voice screaming about envy and how humans had everything.

You finally reached your destination and you could see Scar, Ed, Roy, and Riza gathered together. But you also saw what looked to be a small lizard about to pull something out of its mouth. You soon realized that was a philosopher's stone, you knew exactly who that small lizard was.

Right as Envy, the small lizard, was about to completely pull out his philosopher's stone, you pushed Ed and Scar out of the way and screamed...

"ENVY STOP!!!!"

Envy froze, also everyone else, but he didn't drop the stone. You slowly walked over to him and knelt down beside him. He was so small.

You gently picked him up and cupped him in your hands. Tears rapidly fell down his large eyes and dripped onto your hands, but he still didn't let go of the stone. You gave him a smile and gently pried his tiny fingers off the stone. The stone sank back into place inside his small, fragile body.