Chapter 37: Death By Dream

450 votes! (HAHA GOOD LUCK DOING THAT IN THREE STINKING DAYS)

I MADE ANOTHER TRAILER FOR THIS BOOK ITS TO THE RIGHT IT'S GIVING PPL CHILLSS :)) >>>>>

**********************************************************************************************************

At first, the dream was a normal day at the carnival. A memory I still owned from the beginning years of my life.

I had absoltely no control over the dream.

I sat in the stands with my Mother and Father sat on the right side of me with large bags of popcorn and cotton candy. Mr. Wiggles sat on my right because he had insisted he sit on the edge encase any of the acts decided to climb up the stairs and try and scare me.

In the dream I could see I was obviously asking for it. Something scary was bound to happen, right?

An assortment of voices echoed off the walls of the massive yellow and red stripped tent, making me feel even smaller than I appeared to be in the dream. A man with a very heavy New York accent boomed through the circus tent. “And now…ladies and gentlemen without further adieu….I give you…”

I pulled at the cotton candy and lifted the huge chunk to my mouth, anticipation making my legs swing back and forth on the huge bleaches we sat on. I could wait to see what would happen but couldn’t quite grasp the whole meaning of a ‘Circus’. Before I could realize what was happening the lights completely turned off and a spotlight maneuver so it shown against random bodies of people, circling the tent until it stopped in the middle of the ring.

Nobody was there except for a pig dressed in a top hat and a bow on its curled tail. The audience burst into laughs, including myself.

“No, no!” a voice scolded to my left. “Come on, seriously? We rehearsed this for seven years straight!”

The light jerked in the direction of the voice, bathing the person in a light so bright I had to look towards the person it covered so I wouldn’t become blind.

"Well, well." He straightened his jacket as he became in the spotlight and flashed us all a flirty smile. “ Hello audience! How are you tonight?” he held the microphone to the audience so we could all say ‘Good’ in unison. But before we could answer fire blazed from the ring silencing us all. The ring master covered his nose with his fingers before his eyes darted to the ring as it lit up in flames once again. “HEY WAIT YOUR TURN!” he yelled at the ring, making the audience burst into laughs.

My tiny jaw dropped at the sight of the man. The first thing that caught my eye was the skull makeup that was perfectly masked along his face like a layer of skin. A long both sides of his jaw, a large portion around both eyes, and lines along his lips were a black coloring. His eyes were a shade of black, the color of the ocean under a cold moon, and were slightly narrowed like a snake. He had a well tailored suit with black slacks and a red over coat. The overcoat seemed to be made of some sort of velvet and matched the color of his crimson tie.  

“Who’s up for some…magic before the show?” he asked the audience, his voice overpowering the whispers of the audience. His makeup and height were extremely intimidating and I couldn’t help but continue to watch him.

At my stare he turned to me and knelt. “Hello sweetheart, what’s your name?” he asked me, putting the microphone to my mouth after he spoke.

“Faith,” I said shyly, my tiny voice and blush making the audience “Aw.”

“Do you want to see a magic trick, Faith?” I nodded and he eagerly motioned for me to take his hand. I took it, my small hand looking microscopic next to his large gloved one.