Chapter 9: Determined

The ceremony ended with me barely breathing. Although the frost quickly dispersed after the ceremony, my body's bitingly cold temperature didn't disperse.

Father picked me up, and walked out majestically.

Ah, damn... I've never been so physically drained like this....

I seriously need to get a grip on this life... Things are happening too fast, unlike my previous life. Tch, and here I thought I could just go on an awesome killing spree.

My heavy eyelids slowly shut, as my consciousness tugged me. My cold frozen body slowly defrosted that I could not really sleep, the prickly feeling kept me awake.

Uuuuuuu--- Let me sleep...

**

Joseph Clayde Re Moztier 278th , the current Emperor of the Fidea Empire. As the Monarch he has seen his share of mysterious, mythical, and bizarre happenings. But this pair of twins, really, they surpassed this Emperor's expectation in all aspects.

The other one, already awakened his innate power (one must know, that some descendants of Re Moztier could not even awaken their innate talents), and could already use magic. While the other one was a genius in literature, can speak fluently, that could already read and write at the age of 3, and a hint of qi could be felt within her, as if she had already started to cultivate. Even he, the Emperor could not believe that they are his own child.

He picked the twin, and felt the bitingly cold body of Phicia, Emperor's Clayde heart clenched, but he couldn't do anything afterall Phicia just finished her ceremony and the frost could be her trial. It is a great taboo to help someone on their trial, he should not act rashly and regret it later.

Emperor Clayde could not help but sigh, when he was at their age, all he knew was cry for unfairness that his mother went through....

Thinking about the past made him melancholy, as he subconsciously slowed his footsteps, his sliver of murderous aura that he purposely sent out was completely gone, as he submerge himself at his past. He walked majestically as ever, but no footsteps could be heard, no fluctuations of Qi, no disturbance in the air, nor the slightest sign that Emperor Clayde carrying the twins is walking down this long majestic hallway.

The servants who saw the Emperor could not help but be startled, as usually they would feel his murderous aura and his clear and strong step indicating that Emperor Clayde is coming.

They hastily bowed, and politely greeted him.

Emperor Clayde didn't spare a glance at them seemingly cold and indifferent. When, in fact he is just dazedly wandering through his thoughts. He mechanically walked towards the twins Royal Chamber, carefully putting down the twins on the bed, afraid that the slightest mistake could wake them up.

Emperor Clayde looked at the twin.

Silky golden hair, scattered like a flowing river, milky white skin, rosy chubby cheeks, long lashes that moves slightly, and small blood red lips..... No matter what angle he looks at, they completely take after Meartle.

The two was like a peas in pods, except Palleo's hair was a bit shorter. Emperor Clayde's mouth hooked into a rare genuine smile, then he foolishly shook his head.

And exited the room.

***

Is he gone?

A small figure slowly floated under the bed, it was Luc. He looked towards the magnificent door and waved his hands, a strand of pure Qi shot towards the door then spread through the entire room. Luc nodded with a smile on his face, pleased with himself. He then floated towards the twin, flashing some incanations, a silver light shot out of his forehead towards to Palleo.