26 - A Haunted Night

Dedicated to perfectfantasy for the banner she made in the sidebar! PS, there's also a dance (;

This chapter was TEN pages long on microsoft word! I normally only get 6-8 so this is a lot!  I hope you liked it because it's just a lead up to the saddest chapter yet that will be coming soon (: I'm letting you know this right now, it's going to have a cliffhanger.

Thanks for reading, commenting, fanning, and voting! I love you all (:

_______________________________________

Step, shimmy, jump, and twist.

            I bit my lip as the sweat sheeted my skin during this routine I was doing. Dance was cancelled and school ended a half-hour ago. Dillon won’t let me walk home alone because one time some jerks threw paint-balloons at me while they drove by.

            The two weeks have passed by all the same. People hating me, Jace wanting to apologize, dancing… The only difference is that even though Dillon still hasn’t completely forgiven me and we’re still far away from being how we were before all this fake relationship crap, he at least talks to me.

            I heard the door open and I turned around to see some of the cheerleaders walking through here to get down to the football field. Kayla, of course, was among them and a smirk spread across her face when she saw me standing there.

            “Whore,” She spat out. “I hope you had making out with Sean in front of everyone today.”

            I remained quiet until they had walked out the doors leaving me alone again. I sighed and thought back to English class where I did indeed kiss—not make out—Sean for our Romeo and Juliet scene. Let me tell you, it wasn’t a good ordeal.

            The scene began with Romeo’s first lines that Sean delivered perfectly. I guess working in Hamlet actually became of use to us. When our first kiss was delivered, a couple people in the room whispered about how this was probably happening when Jace and I were ‘together’ and I was most likely cheating on Sean before I caught him with Kayla.

            As the scene continued I said my last words, “You kiss by the book.” Then we shared one more kiss before Mrs. Sunday interrupted us with a huge round of applause and some words.

            “Wonderful!” She had said as she contributed the loudest claps in the classroom. “That was amazing, you two! Do any people in the audience have any words of advice for them? Any compliments? When peers assess you then studies show that you take what they say more into account than what I would tell you. ”

            I watched as a grin rose onto Kayla’s face and her hand went up. Oh, please no. This was horrible as it was. I listened in horror as our teacher called on her.

            “Juliet is supposed to be a beautiful, strong woman, Peyton. I would’ve thought that you could’ve acted more like her instead of being like yourself. The only thing that saved you here was that you’re great at faking love.”

            A course of taunts went through the room and my eyes went to Dillon’s empty seat because he went to the bathroom. He would’ve stuck up for me while I couldn’t even open my mouth.

            A snort became the loudest of them all. I looked over at Lauren who had her arms crossed over her chest and an annoyed look on her face. “Kayla, Peyton is a great actress.” Is she sticking up for me? Had my best friend finally forgiven me? Her eyes found mine and they were filled with betrayal. “She’s a great liar.”