|37| m i n t

I just want to share that I have a copy of Rick Riordan's Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Omg! Omg!

Lily. Always the hyper and perky one. I couldn't blame her though. Having a copy of that book was super cool. I was actually really jealous. I mean, yeah, it would be nice to borrow it from her and then read it for free. But having your own copy gives me the giddy vibes. I rolled my eyes and typed down a quick reply to her, saying how I'd love to borrow it after she read it. She replied a few seconds later, almost instantly - obviously still hyped-up about the book. My screen flashed with her name and her short message of 'yeah sure!' and a lot of smiling emojis.

I chuckled, placing the phone onto my bedside table. It was Saturday and Austin asked me out on a date. He said he wanted to go biking with me. I laughed at his suggestion, reminding him of how badly our last biking session went and how weird it was to bike during winter, with snow covering the ground. He only rolled his eyes (as usual) and said that he'd be there to catch me if ever I fell, and that it would only be weird if we acted weird about it. I was about to coo and melt right then and there until he asked me to bring along the Spongebob band-aids. For first-aid emergencies, he said. How charming. Really.

I walked over to my closet and pulled open the door. I began to flick through the rack of my hung clothes. A cute pair of ripped-jeans caught my eye. It was faded and a little fitted compared to what I usually wore but it was really cute. I guess it could be useful for biking and for going out to eat somewhere, too. Spotting a cute mint-green cardigan, I let out a silent squeal. Good thing, I had a pair of boots to match and a darker shade of scarf to wrap around my neck.

This would definitely be one of the best dates ever.

A week ago, Lily and Tori had been telling me that Austin was actually planning to ask me out to be his girlfriend officially. Like. Officially. Together. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. Level. I was so shocked and thrilled that I barely made it to my room to let out my supressed squeal. Tori told me that Austin wasn't confident enough to ask me out before, but then the guys knocked some sense to him, bringing us to the current situation.

I kept waiting for him all throughout the week to pop the question. My phone always had to be beside me. I wasn't enjoying the vacation. I was so anxious that I swore I gave meaning to the smallest of things he did, just like how he ran his fingers through his hair thrice instead of twice like he usually did. But to no avail, it wasn't seemed to be connected to whatever he was about to ask me since the question never came that day. I was already mourning that Wednesday when we we're out to catch a movie with the guys. Until Friday came along. Good thing he sent me a message by lunchtime on Friday and asked me out on a date. I wasn't exactly expecting him to ask me on a date for him to be able to ask me properly if I wanted to go out with him as officially together. I'd say yes even if he asked me out beside the dumpster. That's how much I liked him.

Getting asked in the middle of a really well-planned date while standing beside a fountain wouldn't be so bad though... even if I knew no water would sprout out from the fountain due to the cold season.

I quickly pulled out the clothes from the closet and laid it on my bed. With a huge grin that could light up the whole street (since the universe was just too cliché and huge) I went inside the bathroom for a quick, hot shower.

Just keep calm. Pretend that you're clueless about what he'll ask you. Look straight into his eyes. Boys like the undivided attention thing.

Tori's words rang inside my head and I kept repeating them. No matter how hard I tried to stay calm though, the nerves kept reaching me. Causing me to be extra fidgety and a whole lot more anxious.