58. Confessions and Answers!!

I took a long bath, taking the time to think...

Was life always like this? Full of twists and turns... It should be.. Because mine was so smooth till about a couple months ago... And then I climbed the rollercoaster...

It was true when people said that a shower was always the best place to think... You were free of everything... Even your clothes... Nothing heavy clinging onto you.. You had privacy..

And then there was the water.. pouring down on you like the rain.. Washing away all dirt... Cooling your overheated head.. This was the only bathroom in the house and it was in my room.. But I'm not going to let anyone inside this.. This is going to be my paradise..

But now was not the time.... I wanted answers.. Answers as to what my life was now..

So I slowly exited the shower, and after getting ready, opened the room, descending to the dining room where there were four pairs of eyes watching me...

The table was set... Dadaji was sitting at the head, the two men on both sides of him, discussing.. The nurse standing behind them, leaning on to the wall...

There was only one chair remaining in the four seated make over dining table. And I gently took the seat... Suddenly there was an old lady at my side who placed an empty plate in front of me... A steel plate... I could see my reflection in it.. And I looked calm.. Like the calm before the tempest.

She proceeded to serve me food, but I stopped her. The lady smiled, I knew her.. She used to be a maid in Grandpa's house.. What was she doing here now??

I slowly opened each dish and took a spoonful of everything. It was rice and dal, and all those common dishes.. It felt ironic that the last meal I had was a five star lunch.. It reminded me of Naveen, and I looked at him, and saw that him, like the other two, was already staring at me, face filled with so much emotion, it choked me...

I slowly began eating, and found the three men getting impatient...

"Beta.." Dadaji asked, and I looked at him slowly, through my lashes, not even trying to raise my head... Call it disrespect, but I just had a rough evening..

"Jaan.." Another voice sounded, and my face clenched in anger. I gave him the next look, and saw his face full of sorry and pain.. My eyes caught sight of blood and I looked at his biceps to find him having a bandage wound, which was now red. So that explains the nurse's presence.

I resumed eating.. not bothering anything..

"You didn't take the hot water... " The nurse asked this time. And I started to ignore her too.. but why her? She has done no harm... She didn't deserve, my cold behaviour..

"The cold felt more appealing.." I answered her, and she smirked.

Soon, I was done eating and slowly got up..The old lady, whose name I remembered as Bhanu was once again near me asking for my plate. I gave it to her and went to wash my hands.

As soon as I was done, I turned to my room calling it a night.. I was still tired.. But before I could reach the door, I was stopped.

"You and Us all know that you are dying for answers... And we have to talk..." It was Cherry, no.. Charan.. I was not surprised.. I knew only he had the braveness to confront me with this.. But I wasn't expecting it this sooner..

"Do we? After all this was all your plan.. So why should we?" I asked still facing the door and continued to walk.

"Dhruvika.. He is right, we have to talk.. And it wasn't his plan... Come sit, please.. Listen to me.." It was Dadaji this time. Dadaji was defending him?