2:03

[ THE STAND: CHAPTER THREE ]

Rhea had gone back to the cemetery to join Davina and Ares, but what awaited her, shocked her beyond belief

Rhea had gone back to the cemetery to join Davina and Ares, but what awaited her, shocked her beyond belief. Hayley was trapped within a circle, covered in nothing but a blanket whilst Davina and Ares spoke to her.

"I used magic to draw you here and to keep you a captive audience." Ares told the wolf who only looked more furious.

"Davina, Ares, I need to see my daughter." Rhea felt sorry for the hybrid, she had been cursed to her wolf form, only to see her daughter once a month on the full moon, what was her brother and friend doing, taking that away from here?

"I'm sorry, but I need you to do something for me first." Davina told her calmly, it didn't seem to calm Hayley down at all, she only seemed to get more frustrated.

"What the hell do you two think you're doing?" Rhea questioned as she made herself known.

Davina and Ares motioned her to join them outside of the tomb, she looked over at Haley apologetically, before catching up with the two.

"Once a month, she gets to see her daughter, and you're taking that away from her?!" Rhea all but shouted as soon as she came to a stop, alarming the two witches.

"I just need her to do something for me, those witches don't respect me. Marcel told me I need to make a show of force." Davina told her, Rhea only looked at her like she was crazy.

"And we're taking leadership advice from Marcel, now? He stopped your people doing magic, Davina. Don't become him." She warned her friend, who couldn't quite meet her eyes.

"Rhea, just trust us. Please." Ares pleaded with his sister, who only sighed frustratedly before shrugging her shoulders.

"Fine, whatever." She told them, the latter two let out a relieved breath of air before all of them joined Hayley back in the tomb.

"If you don't let me out of here, now. I swear I will kill you!" Hayley shouted, Davina rolled her eyes and chucked her a shirt and jeans while Ares held up a blood bag, something Hayley was clearly craving.

"You can try, or we can have a polite conversation— you might benefit from it." Ares told the hybrid who glared in his direction.

"You magically kidnapped me on the one night that I can see my daughter. Do not talk to me about polite!"

"I drew you here to help you!" Ares was growing impatient now, Rhea could see that, he had a lack of sympathy for Hayley's motherly instincts.