Part Eight

'I'm sorry. You and Spencer are having a baby together? I don't understand." Morgan was confused, and the rest of the team had perplexed expressions on their faces as well.

You and Reid had decided to bite the bullet and tell the team together, after spending most of the previous night talking.

You'd not made any official arrangements or agreements other than that he would accompany you to your appointments going forward, and agreeing that you and the baby would live in your house. Access arrangements could be sorted once she was born, although he fully understood that for the six months at least, it would be unlikely that you'd be allowing her to spend full weeks away from you. You still weren't massively enthusiastic about him being involved but it didn't seem as terrible an idea as you'd originally thought.

The question of work arose and you'd told him that were planning to take time off anyway, and assess the situation then. The problem was, with you being in the field so often and you not having any close family, who would watch the baby? The answer didn't change now that Reid was involved either. It was still..... No one. There wasn't anyone unless you employed a full time nanny, or took a desk job, that didn't require you to be on location. You'd need to speak with Hotch some more.

Hotch was looking mildly amused at the curious looks on his teams face and they tried to make sense of the bombshell that you and the Dr had dropped.

"So, you're pregnant. We know that. But Reid's the father? So you two are together? We're profilers, how the hell did we not pick up on that?" Rossi looked back and forth between the two of you.

"We're not together. And yes, Reid is the father. So she'll be a little baby genius no doubt." You explained, actually enjoying the team being shocked.

"So you two.......erm......slept together?" JJ asked.

"Nooo Jayge. His sperm just crawled out of his penis and across the office floor one day, deciding to take up residence in my vagina......Yes we slept together. It was a one night thing a while ago. Alcohol was involved. As it generally is."

"You two.......Together.......In bed? That's just weird." Derek seemed to be struggling the most with this, probably because of yours and his little make out sessions.

A though occurred and made you chuckle. "You know Morgan, if you think about it. You and Reid have made out with each other, by proxy of me."

"Yeah um, I'm not gonna think about that thank you very much."

"Me neither" Spencer agreed.

"How long have you guys known?" Emily queried.

Ahhhhh. And now the time has come for the team to find out what a horrible person you are. That he'd only found out 24 hours ago himself and that you'd originally had no intension of telling him.

"About six weeks. We didn't want to tell you just yet. We wanted to wait until Y/N had been for the second ultrasound." Spencer spoke and both yours and Hotches eyes flickered to him.

"That was yesterday though right? You were here all day kid."

"The appointment got moved at the last minute, and I had that conference call that I couldn't get out. So as much as I didn't want to miss it, I had to. Hotch was kind enough to take my place though instead so she wasn't alone. I've seen the pictures and the video though so it's fine. I'll make the next one."

They seemed satisfied with his explanation and after giving their congratulations again, they moved into the board room, to go over the case that had just come in this morning.

You hung back slightly, touching Reid on the arm so he'd do the same. When the others were out of earshot you turned to him.

"Why didn't you tell them that you'd only just found out yorself?"