Part Eleven

"I want this one." You touched the handle of the stroller in front of you.

"Y/N its nearly eight hundred dollars." Spencer looked at the tag, pulling a face.

Another two weeks had gone by since you'd started to feel the baby moving. You were getting used to it now, and the team were becoming used to hearing your little outbursts every time her foot or hand brushed against you.

Spencer more or less remained attached to your hip whenever he could, and each time he saw you jump or grimace, his eyes lit up.

It was kinda sweet to watch and you'd taken to just grabbing his hand whenever it was just you and the team and touching it to your tummy so he could feel her.

Seeing Spencer so excited was having a strange affect on you. You almost felt excited yourself, and you were finding him less annoying and more..... Endearing?

It was sweet and cute and you could tell that he would be the best Dad in the world. Which was handy, because you were probably going to be the worst Mom in the world, so it would balance out.

He'd even turned up at your house with an ipod and huge soft headphones, pre loaded with music and books on tape that he was insisting you play to the baby. You felt kind of weird with a pair of headphones over your belly, but whatever. It kept Spencer quiet.

There had been a weird moment though, two days ago on the jet home. You'd been sat together and the little peanut had started moving so you'd taken his hand and put it on your tummy. The next thing you knew, it was an hour later and you'd woken up with your head on his shoulder and your hand was interlocked with his, still over your belly.

As you'd adjusted yourself and sat back upright, you could see JJ and Emily smiling at you from across the way.

You'd whispered sorry to Spencer, noticing the light drool patch on his shoulder as you pulled your hand from his and smoothed your hair back down. "s'okay" he'd replied, going back to reading the case file he had in front of him. But your hand suddenly then felt strangely empty, like it missed his touch.

You'd made arrangements to meet up on your day off, to actually look for some baby items. You still needed to clear out your spare rooms and the men had offered to come over and help decorate for you. You just actually needed to buy things. And seeing as you HAD the money, your baby was going to have the best things. If you were going to do this, you might as well do it right.

You looked at the tag on the stroller, shrugging your shoulders. "And? It comes with a detachable car seat. It's sturdy, it's pretty and it's got good reviews online."

"Yes but it costs more than most people's first cars."

"Well I'm ordering it." You added the order number to the sheet of paper in front of you. You'd told Spencer a week ago about who your Grandfather was. He was going to find out sooner or later anyway, and he kept asking about your hospital bills and how you planned on paying for everything and offering to help. You didn't want his money though and you'd told him this. He'd been shocked that you'd managed to hide your wealth from the team.......And then had talked your ear off for an hour about your Gramps films.

"Y/N you realise you've spent nearly three thousand dollars already."

"And?"

"When are you going to let me buy something? I thought that was the point of us coming here together?"

"Spencer, I don't need your money. Plus, you'll need it for your own apartment. You're gonna need a lot of items yourself."

"JJs already said I can have Henry's old crib and she's sorting a lot of other stuff out for me as well. And I figured we'd share the stroller? I want to help. And we've still got a lot more stuff to get as well. I want to buy things for her too."