Chapter 22

"Please tell me you're coming." I pout to Oli as I sit on his bed and I run my hands on the creases of my short dress. 

"I am an Alpha." He laughs at me as he runs a hand through his hair. 

"Stay beside her." Eliza warns him and he rolls his eyes at her. 

"She's my sister, stupid." He sticks his tongue out to her and she laughs at him as Oli motions me to get up and come with him. 

Make sure you smile at him. Eliza mindlinks me and I realise who she's talking about as we walk out of the room. Alec. 

He watched me all day yesterday dance with men until he came up to me again on the throne with a plate of food. 

You look hungry. 

He had stated and I laughed as I took the plate off him muttering how unladylike I was going to be right now. I started eating on the throne until mom came towards me and stood in front of me, blocking everyone's view. 

You only have one more day Emily, then we can go back to wearing sweats and having messy hair. 

Alec had laughed at that as he promised my mom he  would block everyone's view of me. She left us alone and Alec started talking about everything and nothing. It was nice, just getting to know him again until Eliza had dragged me away from him saying the dancing was finally over and I had to plan my outfit for tomorrow. 

"Do you think everyone would be done with their notes?" I ask Oli as Eliza walks into the living room, away from us. 

"I wrote mine," he pulls it out of his pocket. "Have a sneak peek." He hands me the paper and I open it to read it quickly before we reach the dining room. 

We need the toilets fixed in the pack house, in every single house. 

"Seriously?" I ask him and he chuckles, taking the note off me. 

"I needed to say something serious." He shrugs his shoulders as he pushes the door open to the dining room and we walk in. 

Every Alpha and Sire stand up as I walk inside. Oli follows me to my seat and pulls it out for me as my eyes glance over then all, landing on Alec. I smile as I thank Oli and sit down. He moves to the left side of me and sits down. 

"Let's eat." I say to them. 

***

"All we need changing is the safe house. It's not exactly safe." A vampire called Dominic tells me as I hold the glass of wine in my hand. 

"I will check up on it in the next week, if that is alright?" He lived close by. 

He nods his head as I turn to the next person as I take a sip from my wine. 

Alec

"What can I do for you?" I ask him with a smile on my face. 

"My pack would love to meet their Queen again." He sips his wine as he rests back on his chair and stares at me. 

"I never met your pack before either." I point out to him as I watch him smirk to himself. 

"Natalie misses you. They have a daughter now." He tells me and I smile at that. 

"I would love to meet them again." I say to him and he grins as he leans forward. 

"Today?" He questions, knowing his territory was only an hour away from Lockridge Falls. 

I raise an eyebrow at him, at his urgency. 

I watch Alec stand up before I can even say anything.