CHAPTER 28: A DATE WITH KHAEL AND A MURDER

Chapter 38: A Date with Khael and a Murder

Detective Tross paused for a while at tiningnan ang bawat isa. Tumahimik naman ang lahat habang kinakabahang nakatingin sa kanya.

"It's you Sean."

"Sigurado ka ba dyan sa sinasabi mo Tross?", Bea asked. He smiled at tiningnan si Gray.

"We've investigated it out and we can't be wrong", wika ni Detective Tross.

"But I was the one who invited you here Tross to investigate about the veiled woman. Why would I do that if I am that veiled 'woman'?", tanong ni Sean.

"Dahil gusto mong sumuko ang dating nagpapanggap na babaeng nakabandana, tama?", wika ni Gray.

"Ibig sabihin ay dalawa sila?", Jason asked. Lahat kami ay naguguluhan sa isiniwalat ni Gray at ni Detective Tross.

"Yeah, the one that appeared two years ago is different from the one that appeared these past few days", the detective said.

"Kung gayon ay sino iyon? The one that appeared two years ago", tanong ni Kier.

"It's Mariel."

"What? How was that possible?", Bea asked. This is really complicated.

"We found out about the affair of Kier and Mariel, that's why Mariel pulled a prank to Nemie. She usually had nervous breakdown kapag natatakot. Mariel probably thought that Kier can't stand it kapag nasa ganoong estado si Nemie and Kier would choose her over Nemie." Detective Tross showed us a diary. "This is a proof of their affair. Mariel loves Kier but Kier is into Nemie kahit pa wala na ito." Napatingin ang lahat kay Kier. He was shocked with the revelations too!

"So, totoo nga na may kalaguyo ka dati, and it was Mariel?", halos hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Jason.

"It was a night of mistake! Lasing ako noon and Mariel took advantage of that. Hindi ko alam ang mga nangyari nang gabing iyon and when I woke up, nasa kama na lang kaming dalawa! She confessed her love to me and told me to choose her instead of Nemie but I refused. Pero hanggang ngayon ay ginugulo pa rin niya ako!"

Ginawa iyon ni Mariel upang nakuha lang si Kier? Iba talaga ang nagagawa ng pag-ibig but I don't think it was love. It was an obsession. She was so obsessed with Kier to the point that she pulled a prank to a friend that caused her death.

"But how does that makes Sean the other veiled woman?", tanong ni Kier.

Gray looked at Sean at sumagot. "Yes, you intentionally invited Detective Tross to reopen the case. And the reason why he assumed the identity of that veiled woman is to make the first veiled woman turn herself.", Gray said. "You're in loved with Nemie after all."

Nakayuko lang si Sean habang tumatango. "I guess there's no use denying it. Yes, I am the other one who posed as the veiled woman. I want to reopen Nemie's case. Yes, I love Nemie that's why I'm happy that she's also happy with Kier until that incident happened. I figure out that she fell on the veranda dahil sa takot. Nakita ko ang wig at bandana na itinapon niya!"

"But why did you stabbed
Mariel?", tanong ni Jason. Kahit hindi malala ang saksak ay nakakatakot pa ring isipin na sinaksak ito ni Sean. They're friends, aren't they?

"Dahil iyon sa sinabi niya nang nagpakita ako sa kanya. Binuhay ng mga salitang iyon ang galit ko. Alam niyo ba ang sinabi niya? She said 'if this is you Nemie, I didn't regret pulling you that prank that caused your death.' That's her exact words! Kaya sino bang hindi magagalit doon? Nemie treated her like a real sister tapos ganoon ang ginawa niya?"