A Lion and a Wolf Part 2 (Jaime Lannister x fem!Stark reader)

Jaime stared at the back of your head. Ever since he kissed you at the stream, you'd been avoiding him. You sent guards or your mother with your brother's messages instead of coming yourself. Of course, Robb didn't know this and you planned on keeping it that way so, when it was time to move camp, you were forced to ride in front of Jaime, his horse tied to yours. "You will have to speak to me eventually, Lady Y/N," Jaime said softly only to met with more silence.

In truth, you were thinking. It was completely insane and you knew it. There was no way you could love a Lannister, especially not the Kingslayer and the man that supposedly bed his own twin sister. However, there was absolutely no denying that you felt something for Jaime Lannister and it frightened you. What if your brother should discover how you felt? "Y/N?" your brother's voice brought you back to reality. "Forgive me, Robb. I am afraid my thoughts are elsewhere," you automatically replied. You looked around and realized that the bannermen were already setting up camp. "Clearly," he said with a soft smile, "I asked if you would take our prisoner to his new cell?" You nodded and dismounted.

Jaime did the same and walked quickly over to you. He opened his mouth to speak, but you held your hand up. You couldn't listen to him because, if you did, you'd fall under the spell that his beautiful voice cast on you. You wanted to forget what happened. You wanted to go back to being Y/N Stark of Winterfell, sister of the King of the North. You wanted to forget the love for the Lannister Lion so, you refused to speak to him or to let him speak to you.

As you chained him up in his new "cell", you could feel his green eyes on you. "My Lady? Why will you not speak to me?" You made the mistake of looking at his face. You swallowed thickly as you felt the tears threatening to spill over. Jaime certain was not used to this side of you. Every time you came to him, you kept your emotions well hidden. Now, you were near tears just by looking at him. "I...can't," you told him before kissing his temple quickly and leaving the cage.

On your way out, you ran into your mother, literally. "Oh, Mother! Forgive me," you said, trying to dry your tears before she could see. Your mother, being the observant woman she was, was not fooled. She turned to the tall blonde woman next to her. "Brienne, keep an eye on the prisoner for moment while I speak with my daughter." Brienne nodded and your mother grabbed your elbow to lead you away from the cage and from the man you had grown to love.

Your mother lead you to her tent where she poured a goblet of wine and asked, "Now, tell me what troubles my eldest daughter?" You sighed and glanced at her. Her blue eyes showed such concern for you that you knew you could trust her. "I am afraid, Mother," you told. "Of the war?" You shook your head in a most unladylike fashion, earning a sharp glare from her. You giggled a little until she asked, "Then what?" You took a deep breath and replied, "I have fallen in love." The grin that appeared on her lips only made you feel guilty. You knew she would never approve and Robb certainly wouldn't either.

"Is it someone I know?" You nodded. You didn't trust your voice. "One of our bannermen, perhaps?" You began to cry again as you shook your head. She was quick to wrap her arms around you to comfort you as only your mother could. "Oh Sweetling, what is it?" You cried for a few minutes more before you were able to answer her. "It is Jaime Lannister," you said softly. Her arms dropped to her sides and you immediately missed their warmth.

"Jaime Lannister? The Kingslayer?" You could tell she was disappointed, but you prayed to the old gods and the new that she would not begin yelling and alert your brother. "He is your brother's prisoner, Y/N," she tried to tell you. You did your best to suppress your anger. You didn't understand why no one could look beyond Jaime's past and see that he was a good man. "Mother, he may be a prisoner, but I've gotten to know him over time and I see him for who he truly is. He is a good man, a kind man." You were determined to defend Jaime, no matter how upset your mother got.

She gave you a sad smile before saying, "Then, my darling, you should tell him before it is too late." You snapped your head up to look in her eyes. "What?" She looked between you and the entrance to her tent. "Tell Brienne I wish to see her and then you can speak to the Kingslayer," she instructed. You gave her a squeeze and whispered, "Thank you, Mother." You quickly darted from the tent and back to Jaime's cage.

After dismissing Brienne, you opened the cage and knelt next to Jaime. "Lady Y/N?" he asked, clearly surprised to see you again. "Please let me speak. I have avoided speaking to you because I was afraid. I thought it would bring my true feelings for you to light and it frightened me." Jaime didn't dare say anything. He wanted you to continue. He wanted you to tell him that you felt for him the way he felt for you. Jaime knew what he wanted, but he had to know that you desired the same thing. "I cannot deny it any longer. I-I love you, Jaime Lannister," you finished and let out a sigh as you looked into his eyes.

Jaime gave you the brightest smile you'd ever seen. "If my hands weren't chained, I'd have you in my arms right now," he told you making you laugh. You moved a strand of blond hair from his eyes and kissed his forehead. "I cannot unchain you, but perhaps I can convince Robb to let you out of this cage for a little while tomorrow." Jaime nodded. Any time spent with you was time worth waiting for in his eyes. You tilted his chin up so you could press a kiss to his chapped lips. "I love you, Y/N." For the first time in weeks, you went to bed happy that night.

The next morning was a different story when you woke to a guard telling you that your brother wished to see you immediately. Robb rounded on you the moment you entered his tent. "Did you have anything to do with this?!" he shouted at you. "With what, Robb?" You looked between him and your mother who was standing there with her head hung in shame. "Jaime Lannister is gone. Our mother has taken it upon herself to send him back to King's Landing. Now I cannot exchange him for our sisters," he told you.

Your jaw dropped as you returned your stare to her. Robb left the tent in a fit of anger and you continued to stare at your mother with a hardened glare. "How could you do that, Mother? Why?" She straightened to her full height. "A wolf cannot love a lion, Y/N. It was for the best. Perhaps now, we shall save Sansa and Arya without bloodshed." You clenched your fists. "I wish for my sisters' safety as well, but you did not have to forfeit my happiness to guarantee it!" you cried as Robb returned.

"Weare leaving," he said. You finally tore your eyes away from your mother."Where are we going, Robb?" you asked, hoping he would give you theanswer you wanted. His eyes softened when he looked at you face. "Thanksto our mother's betrayal," he began, glaring at her once more beforeturning his attention back to you, "We now only have one chance at winningthis war and that is to take Casterly Rock. In order to that, we need more men."You nodded and followed Robb out to your horses. "Where are we going tofind those men?" Robb didn't answer for a moment. Your mother appearednext to you, followed by Robb's wife Talisa. You mounted your horse and glancedin the direction of King's Landing. Your heart nearly shattered when Robbannounced, "We ride for the Twins." 

(a/n: I will probably write a third part with *hopefully* a happy ending.)